• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning Grip Bags

dgtexas1

Bogey Member
My grip bag has gotten pretty dirty over the past couple of months. What is the most effective way you have found to clean Grip bags?

I would just hand wast it. washer will probably damage it. if the frame was removable it would be a different story, but i cannot think of any other way to do it.

Play a round during pouring rain...:)

But seriously, id just submerge it and scrub with a cloth and let it dry in the sun.

I'm going to revive this thread to see if there's any better techniques on cleaning Grip bags. New ones as well.

I've tried cleaning it with just liquid detergent and a cloth but the bag and pads are still extremely nasty.

^i've been wondering the same. I thought i remember someone talking about getting it professionally dry cleaned....

I just used some spray n wash to clean off the stitched logos. Work it in and then let sit for 20-30 mins, then rinse off. The rest of the bag looks pretty good at it's like 20 months old. I wipe it down now and again with a damp paper towel but that's about it.

I would just hand wast it. washer will probably damage it. if the frame was removable it would be a different story, but i cannot think of any other way to do it.

the "frame" or rather the plastic inserts are removable...

its quite obvious.

the "frame" or rather the plastic inserts are removable...

its quite obvious.
the bottom piece is in there. i have taken this bag completely apart a few times. putting this in the washer would not be advisable. there are several pieces of the "frame" that do not come out. that is quite obvious.

wtf? cleaning your bag? once a year I turn my bag upside down to let the loose debris fall out and then I throw it back in the trunk. what a bunch of Nancies.

wtf? cleaning your bag? once a year I turn my bag upside down to let the loose debris fall out and then I throw it back in the trunk. what a bunch of Nancies.

gotta make that bright teal pop

word. :hfive: I sweat like a man beast in the summer so a few times a year I'll spray the back fabric and straps with Febreeze or something. I hope that doesn't make me a Nancy. :\

got troll?

What if you want to sell it? I would clean my bag and get top dollar for it. You would shake it out and get low balled.

Bunch name calling one the internet these days....:doh:

Same here, but I always clean a bag before taking pics to sell it.

Guess some of us are not dirtballs!

Latest posts