• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CLUB S.O.D.A. League forming in southern Ohio

Hello Disc golf junkies!
We have formed a consistent group of Disc golfers in the Cincinnati area. We are opening and expanding our club to the general public! That means you can get in on the FUN too! Join us, we have all skill level groups and women's!
We will keep the Disc golf internet world informed of when and where the "SODA" action is around Cincinnati Ohio!

Monday sept.30 Mt. Airy, 5:00pm open bag tag challenge
Tues. Sept. 31 Lincoln Ridge KY, 1pm(ish) SODA social match
Tues. Sept. 31 Mt. Airy, 5:00-30 sharp. Nati Random draw doubles($8)
Wends. Oct.1 Harbin Park, 2:00pm Hump day casual
Thurs. Oct. 2 Winton woods noon, lunch challenge: putt approach only
Friday. Oct 3 Mt. Airy, 2pm. A round with TrollBiscuits!

Doesn't Cincinnati already have a disc golf club? Why start a new one and split the community?
Yes they do and I agree. But it seems some of the people in charge have the "my way or no way" attitude. Say anything about it and they go to the "we're doing the work".

If they would open their minds a little and see no one has all the answers more people would work with them.

On the other hand, I might go to an event listed in this thread but not because anyone is attempting to start a new organization. Only because I like playing golf and these courses are close to me, relatively.

Do you people not have jobs? All daytime during the week events.

Also, there is no Sept. 31 that I'm aware of.

Wow, three people huh? yes, I have a 3rd shift job @ Grand Finale in Glendale Ohio, and yes, Tim my stoned ass is aware of the non existent date. A community hasn't split, just grown!
I have lots of disc buddies, as well as the fact that I am installing courses through out south eastern Indiana, has inadvertently caused me to start my own association. Don't like it? Sorry but, I too, will hold tournaments and leagues because we just want play Disc Golf.
I have nothing but respect for Adam Jones and the league he inherited. I just want my own thing, and its open to everyone!

SE Indiana is well overdue for a course, exciting to hear there are things in the works.

No hate from me. I mostly play casual anyway, just noticed that the dates were jacked and figured I'd flag it.

Troll, Is this thread the only place you will be telling ppl about SODA?

Monday sept.30 Mt. Airy, 5:00pm open bag tag challenge
Tues. Sept. 31 Lincoln Ridge KY, 1pm(ish) SODA social match
Tues. Sept. 31 Mt. Airy, 5:00-30 sharp. Nati Random draw doubles($8)
Wends. Oct.1 Harbin Park, 2:00pm Hump day casual
Thurs. Oct. 2 Winton woods noon, lunch challenge: putt approach only
Friday. Oct 3 Mt. Airy, 2pm. A round with TrollBiscuits!

One of this club's goals is to completely change the calendar by adding an extra day to September!

Lol I love it, we will be posting all over, Mr. Clevenger needs to be more active on this site too... Ryan barns aced #4 today at Lincoln ridge, he won today with a 75,i followed in at 76, ted 78, greg at 81...

Wow, three people huh? yes, I have a 3rd shift job @ Grand Finale in Glendale Ohio, and yes, Tim my stoned ass is aware of the non existent date. A community hasn't split, just grown!
I have lots of disc buddies, as well as the fact that I am installing courses through out south eastern Indiana, has inadvertently caused me to start my own association. Don't like it? Sorry but, I too, will hold tournaments and leagues because we just want play Disc Golf.
I have nothing but respect for Adam Jones and the league he inherited. I just want my own thing, and its open to everyone!

Just curious where these courses are in Southeastern Indiana? Besides my home course (6 holes), I am building one for Dearborn County Parks. Design is complete. 3 and a half more holes to clear. Baskets should be installed in the spring. Southeastern Indiana is very cold to disc golf. They are really cold to the idea of attracting the bad crowd from Cincinnati area (drugs). I've talked to every park and city in this area over 2 years ago. So, where are these course you installed in SE Indiana?

Last edited:
Im not working with the park system, My buddy Travis Allen Harris has 50 acres of an old farm we use as a campground, and festival parties... we set up a temporary course and everyone thought it was is awesome.( three m14) and 15 homemade. So im in charge of funding and designing a pro course.... Yeah, it private, and open to only disc golfers... it located at 21354 upper goose creek Patriot In 47038, we have another private course on Neilson/cole 33 acre completely wooded, there's only 3 baskets there but we plan on expanding after we finish Patriot.... My club is a work in progress, I do so much for these guys and sport, and get little respect....

Ok! I've heard some whispers of disc golf being played in Switzerland County. But, I knew there wasn't a course anywhere around there. I just wrote it off as people that don't know what disc golf even is. Hope you guys get them in the ground! I will surely stop and play them to pad my courses played stats!

Thank you so much! the whispers are true, This is purely what started Club SODA. I am also A "Beardo" so Friendship will eventually get a course too. the goal here is to make a hub of super nice private courses so people can tandem out to In. We have a strong plan for goose creek. its perfect for a 4 or 5 star rating,... 2 ponds, and loads of trails, hills. Travis is new to the sport, so after I introduced him to Airy, A long term reforesting plan is effect. Conifers and great oaks. Most of funding should be done in April. Patriot's tourism council may considering installing one when the quarry fills up.

What we have going on in Dearborn County is an intermediate level course. There will be a couple of beast holes, couple of ace runs, etc. With the 250 acres they have, the hope is the course will be so busy it'll require a second course to be built, possibly championship caliber.

Sorry Enzy, I guess I should have posted something, 2 members went to Columbus to play the Hambreck on Tues. They had no car pool apparently, so I packed up my motorcycle and went to Nashville TN. To play Disc with a SODA members JT&Amy Renee, and Andrew McPheters, who live In Trashville...
After my trip, I now have new points to back myself up..... I.E. Turbosteve... a new response for you is this.... Nashville has 3 solid disc golf clubs, with a secret 4th club too. they do have more private courses for the same reasons why I'm making one, but my points stay the same.... more clubs= more courses= more players= more fun! Its necessary to have multiple associations in large city to keep to the competition available and growing, clean, fair, and challenging. And its really helps the sport expand when you have multiple associations working on the same end goal...

Latest posts