• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Co-Golf (ball and disc) thoughts?

I've played on half a dozen shared courses or so. I've never had issues with pace of play, discers seem to take a little longer to get down the fairway but a lot less time to putt out so it works out ok. At Edgebrook here, the tees are shared, but you tee off from the concrete cart area not the actual turf tee, and the baskets are off to the sides so they often bring trees into play around the pin. It's not a style of disc golf I'd want to play every day, but it's definitely an easy way to add a course to an area that land is hard to come by.

Last edited:
I'm actually rhinking about taking my clubs AND my discs to Tupelo Bay in Myrtle Beach and playing both at the same time ;)

I think it would be great as a novelty, but I really think it would work better taking a former ball course and converting it. Ball golf has different hazards that really don't matter to disc golfers, and disc golf has hazard that would be deadly to a ball golfer. Sand traps don't interfere with your ability to throw, but a fairway full of trees can ruin a round of ball golf.