• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cold Sweat 2019 Bag Thread

coldsweat

Birdie Member
I like to keep these as a journal so I can look back, also really like the feedback that comes from it. This is a very helpful place. That said...to start it out. I got a new bag for use in the offseason on Voodoo bags recent sale. I picked up a voodoo mojo with the straight jacket for 50 bucks new direct and shipped. That is an amazing deal for this bag. So anyway....in this new off season bag:

Putters - I can't throw super far, but I drive putters all the time out to 200 or so. I love the flight and feel. Feeling very confident in my setup and don't see a whole lot changing in this bucket.

• P-Line P2 : Main putting putter, also straight drives off the tee.
  • S-Line P2 : Main driving and approach putter. A lot gummier than the P-line so sits a bit better on approach.
  • Jawbreaker Zone : Workhorse OS and forehand putter. Beating in beautifully. I will absolutely be cycling these.
  • ESP Zone - A run from 7 years ago or so. So tacky now a days and has lost zero stability. Amazing utility staple in my bag.

Mids - For some reason...even though I am not a very big fan of beads on putters...Love me beads on mids. I have been throwing these two discs in some form or another for a long time. This is a nice smaller disc count setup for me.

• ESP Comet : From when they first relaunched ESP. Been in the bag for 3 years or so. Seasoned to flip to turn. Very nice US disc.
  • 2018 MJ Swirl ESP GLO Comet - Amazing. Have a whole stack and plan to cycle. Has a nice little baby fade at the end. And holds up to a hard throw beautifully. Very reminiscent of an ESP/X Buzzz. Very excited to see how it beats in.
  • Star Rancho Roc : Max weight. Wind fighter. Hyzers and fore hands.

Drivers - This is the least confident section in my bag save for one disc. I love the Eagle-X mold and have had at least one in my bag since the day I started playing. This mold will be in my bag until they stop making them and I lose my entire stack.

• 2 x Pro Leopards : Not crazy sold on these. Seem kinda finicky with my less than perfect form...but when I hit them right the flight is beautiful. Woods line shaping and US drives. Working a lighter one in for rollers.
  • 2 x Star Eagle-X : One max weight which acts as a mini firebird. And one is 168g and flies like a max weight DX Eagle in its sweet spot. Both get a ton of work in the fairway and off the tee. Almost all forehand shots.
  • 2 x Beast : I never know what to do in this spot. These are new. Both 168g. One champ and one Pro. Giving them a trial run this off season. Don't have a gigantic arm and the distance spot is a revolving door. Always open to suggestions on discs that play will with the other discs in my setup.

So there it is. 2019 is going to be a good year. I hope to play much more than I did in 2018.

Sounds like we have about the same distance and I really dig your setup. I find myself in the same boat as you with the distance driver. Always swapping d drivers looking for what fits my game so I'm no help as what to suggest. Happy hucking.

If the Beasts don't work out try a Champ Roadrunner. Should be US enough to give you extra distance, but the Champs start out very stable and will beat in very slowly to a great turnover/roller disc

Latest posts