• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coldsweat's 2015 ITB and Confessional

Looks solid, only thing I would add would be a leopard in higher quality plastic, just bc it will hold that sweet spot longer than the DX.

I would suggest something a little more stable than the escapes, but so much that they over lap with the XXX. Something like a Wraith/Surge/Flow/Sword...

Just chiming in since I haven't in a while. Bag has stayed for the most part unchanged. I continue to tear the courses up. Seems like I am setting a PR every other time out. Another big thing that has happened. I have found some extra distance. Last time I said I was starting to find 300. Now I am consistently at 300 working my way towards 350. The thing I enjoy the most is the accuracy at shorter distances that comes with it. So here is the bag:

Putters: Throw these on most shots 200 and down

1 x Chains only SS Wizard - Has a nice high shoulder to it, feels great in the hand. Putts only.
1 x 8/10 SS Wizard - More of a sunken top. Like this one off the tee.
1 x 8/10 RFF Wizard - Love this on all of my BH approaches. Sits right down when it is done flying.

Mids: Don't throw a ton due to comfort with Wizards. But when I call they answer.

1 x KC Pro Roc - "OS" roc. Used for all hyzers and some flexers
2 x Glow DX Roc - 1 workhorse roc, and the other is its backup. The backup may used for some glidey field hyzers.
1 x Beat DX Roc - Holds any line in the world. In any conditions. Enamored with this disc.

Drivers: Love love love the leo teebird combo

1 x Champ Teebird - Hyzers and winds, max weight.
1 x E* Teebird - 167g, workhorse teebird, S/OS shots.
2 x DX Teebird - 167g for S-S/US teebird shots, 150g for full on utility and nothing else. Love it on OH lines and uphill rollers.

1 x DX Leopard - Utility leopard, used for rollers and thumbers.
1 x Pro Leopard - Workhorse US driver, used for most BH and FH shots.

1 x GL XXX - Workhorse OS driver, 167g with a dome, gets most BH and FH OS work.
1 x Opto XXX - Used for the utility sides of OS. OH shots and FH rollers mostly.

So there she is. I am really proud of how little this has changed this summer.

Dude I like it. :thmbup:

I like the simplicity of it,but also how you can cover so much with so little. Very good bag man. :clap:

**Update**

Its been a while since my last post. Figured I could give everyone an update. Not a ton has changed. Just some tweaks here and there. I guess the biggest change is I have finally added a distance game to my arsenal. For me anyway. Either way here is how my bag has looked for the last month or so.

Putters: Sticking with the wizards. They have been very clutch for me. I know when I am off and missing putts it is my fault. Basically 0 spit outs, and extremely range able drives and approaches. These have really shaved strokes off my game.

SS,175g, Chains only putter. Used for almost all of my putts.
SS,175g, Main driving putter.
RFF,175g, Approaches, heavily wooded drives where I don't want a terrible tree kick, some shaped putts.

Mids: This is where the most changes have taken place over this month. I have tried so many different things. I loved the rancho rocks backhand. But I could not flick them for the life of me. I know that is on me and not the disc. There was just something off. That 150-225 ft flick approach is a pretty big part of my game too. So what I ended up doing was switching to the Roc3. But then I missed the laser beam backhands of the worn in Rocs. So I put the comets back in. For now it seems to be working out ok. But this is the least stable part of my bag.

European Open GStar,175g, OS mid, also used when grip is an issue.
Big Bird Roc3,175g, Workhorse mid, straight with fade. Very buzzz like.
Z Comet, 174g, Mid used for most laser straight shots. Worn in to very very straight.
X Comet, 174g, S/US mid. Some roller work. Forced annies.

Drivers: This is where the most impactful change has happened. I finally found a distance driver I can wield. I can only throw it about 300ft plus or minus 10 max but hear me out. I finally got around to giving the innova Tern a whirl. Now at the distance of 300-310ft most people will say it is too much disc for me. But that is substantially farther than I can throw everything else. Most importantly though, I can throw it on hyzer, on anhyzer, flex shots, straight with fade, straight with no fade, hyzer flip to fade or turn, roller, flat and level straight. It is weird. It is like a max speed comet for me. Even though I can't quite get it up to speed. And I am really really enjoying the combo of Terns I have. Also experimenting with the river right now since my mids are a little faster and the comets were coming up on the leo. But that is not a sure thing yet.

GL River,166g, Used for rollers, hyzer flips, forced annies.
Opto River, 166g, Very comet like. Just very pure stable. Not overly forgiving. Used for long glidey straight shots.

GStar Teebird,175g, More range able than the rivers. Used for straight shots in the wind, and when grip is needed.
Champ Teebird,175g, Used for most FH drives, and lots of hyzer work.

GL XXX,166g, Used for a lot of flex shots both BH and FH.
Opto XXX,175g, Used for big spike hyzers, most OH work, fh rollers, cut rollers, OS utility stuffs.

JL Champ Tern,165g, Max distance driver. Also used for distance annies and turnovers. Some sky roller work. Flip up work.
JL Champ Tern,175g, Max distance FH disc, used in a little bit windier situations than the other Tern. Also when I don't want to hyzer flip and just want flat and level shots.

So thar she blows. Questions, comments, concerns? I have been doing a lot better within my playing group. Knocking down a top 3 finish basically every time out. It has been a lot of fun. Have also greatly improved my course management. Either way that is the way things look lately. Let me know your thoughts.

Latest posts