• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Collecting.

LLWier

Anyone have any input on collecting discs or a website that gives you insight on how and what to look for exactly?

I just started, just got my first collector disc, the Konopiste Open pre-release disc.

Just want to have some really cool wall hangers for when my fiance and I get our apartment soon.

Collect whatever you think is cool. Don't be tempted to collect things based on prospecting future values, as most things won't be worth much unless they are an insanely popular disc.

As for what to look for? No idea, I'm not a collector. I have one wall hanger, a Ron Russell signed world championship Comet. I love comets and I thought it was cool.

Ahh okay, I guess I'm just looking for the very limited ones that come out, but those aren't very often, never thought about just looking for the ones I thought were just cool. I'll have to look around some more. Mainly shooting for first runs and such.

Why are you wanting to collect? Is it really just to have something to put on your walls?

Just to collect, I really love throwing, and want some cool ones to keep pristine on my wall or something. I'm that guy who has a box of discs and will trade you something you want for even an old DX disc just because I really love discs and I can never have enough it seems.

Then just collect what looks good to you. Chances are by the time it comes off your wall, it won't be worth much. I am partial to preemie Polecats.

Personally, I don't collect discs high in monatary value, but I like to collect tourney stamped discs from tournaments that I play in. Currently, I have about 40 discs on the wall just from my competive endeavors. In addition I have ace discs, discs signed by various dg legends, club stamped, stamps of my favorite sports teams, and discs with brewery stamps adorning the walls of my basement bar. I also collect pumpkin stamps. Long story short beauty is in the eye of the beholder so collect what you like.

I have a few ace race discs from the past couples years, but they're beat up now, I'm going to play as many tourneys and such as I can this year. I just want new ones to hang so I'll have to start keeping one of the 2 that I get from them.

i only have one wall hanger, that is the Westside Limited Edition Giant stamp. Only cuz i really like the stamp and dont want to mess it up.

along with a few huk stamped things.. but push comes to shove and they will end up being throwers (again)

I have plenty of throwers, I'm now looking for some that I just really love and look cool, I never plan on throwing any of the ones I buy for a wall.

Personally, I don't collect discs high in monatary value, but I like to collect tourney stamped discs from tournaments that I play in. Currently, I have about 40 discs on the wall just from my competive endeavors. In addition I have ace discs, discs signed by various dg legends, club stamped, stamps of my favorite sports teams, and discs with brewery stamps adorning the walls of my basement bar. I also collect pumpkin stamps. Long story short beauty is in the eye of the beholder so collect what you like.

This^ I dont collect discs, but Ive managed to save a tourney stamped disc from every one ive played in.

I'm going to start doing that, ever since I wanted to start a little collection I see my old tourney discs and I'm just like "balls, should've saved one" haha

I was kind of collecting random things for awhile, then I made the decision to start focusing on one disc in particular (see my sig). I also have some rare, unique, and club and tourney-stamped discs on my wall. I would like to "collect" some more aces discs too. :D

I've been playing for about 4-5 years, only 1 ace so far sadly, even had a walking boot on from breaking my leg, lost the disc a few weeks later sadly...

I would love to collect ace discs, but I'm too busy bagging and adding more aces to them.

I would hate to lose an ace disc so unless I have a tournament in the immediate future it gets pulled from the bag asap. I couldn't imagine losing a disc with multiple aces!

I would hate to lose an ace disc so unless I have a tournament in the immediate future it gets pulled from the bag asap. I couldn't imagine losing a disc with multiple aces!

I've left one behind at the local pitch and putt, and I was bummed at first. I got over it pretty quickly though when I realized that you can't have multiple aces on discs if you put them in a box. I'm still bagging two Zones and a PD with aces on them.