• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Color Differences - Pro, Star, Echo Star...

bsnone

Par Member
So I did a search but wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for...

As far as stiffness of the disc, does anyone have a tried and true measure on what colors provide what for the different innova plastics?

That is, if I have a red pro disc, will that typically be softer/gummier than say a white?

Essentially if I'm looking for a stiffer star plastic what colors should I be ordering? If I'm looking for a gummier pro plastic what colors should I be ordering? Tough to get my hands on many discs locally so it is online for most of my purchases.

I throw star eagles - I have an orange that is stiff and a yellow that almost feels like g* - is this typical or does it change from run to run.

what about stability? Is there a color that tends to be more/less stable than others in pro/star/echo star?

thanks,

Not really. Time of run/ raw materials available are more responsible.

Flight can be kinda decoded by dome/ PLH.

So I did a search but wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for...

As far as stiffness of the disc, does anyone have a tried and true measure on what colors provide what for the different innova plastics?

That is, if I have a red pro disc, will that typically be softer/gummier than say a white?

Essentially if I'm looking for a stiffer star plastic what colors should I be ordering? If I'm looking for a gummier pro plastic what colors should I be ordering? Tough to get my hands on many discs locally so it is online for most of my purchases.

I throw star eagles - I have an orange that is stiff and a yellow that almost feels like g* - is this typical or does it change from run to run.

what about stability? Is there a color that tends to be more/less stable than others in pro/star/echo star?

thanks,

Some people talk about colors but for the most part color is a poor indicator as to what to expect.

In regards to your super soft star eagle: that is a new development and is coming out in A LOT of current production star plastic. Odds are to get a stiff star disc you need something that is older production still sitting on a shelf. Probably your best bet is to find a online retailer with great customer service who is willing to handpick discs for you to your preferences for feel.

In regards to your super soft star eagle: that is a new development and is coming out in A LOT of current production star plastic. Odds are to get a stiff star disc you need something that is older production still sitting on a shelf.

TOTALLY agree with this. To get a stiff Star Roc3, I have to order Factory Seconds. What I'm seeing in stores is soft and nearly floppy as GStar.

Latest posts