• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Question

Eco81

Double Eagle Member
I am going to be meeting a buddy in Denver this summer to play Bucksnort, Phantom, and Beaver. Where is the best place to stay? Is it best to go back to Denver, or stay somewhere more local to the courses?

I gotta tell you, there's really not much for accomodations up around Conifer, motel-wise. If you're camping there are probably some options close by, not sure as I've never camped near there. It's really only a 30 minute drive to the western outskirts of Denver/Littleton from Beaver Ranch, at the most, so staying in Denver and being surrounded by all those taprooms wouldn't be a hardship.

As a Denver resident, I'd say find a place in Golden. Cool town, and easy access to the mountains. Only 30 minutes from Conifer and from there you can take a trip up to a ski area course if you like as well. Arapahoe Basin is free and expanding to 18 holes (you can also play Frisco and Dillon while up there) and Winter Park is fun but more pricey.

Last edited:
As a Denver resident, I'd say find a place in Golden. Cool town, and easy access to the mountains. Only 30 minutes from Conifer and from there you can take a trip up to a ski area course if you like as well. Arapahoe Basin is free and expanding to 18 holes (you can also play Frisco and Dillon while up there) and Winter Park is fun but more pricey.

As a Colorado visitor of many years I would second this advice as Golden is a cool little town. Secondary benefits include right next to the mountains, Coors tours, gambling short drive away and just that old west kinda vibe in the town. Pretty much head in any direction and find something fun to do.

I will be in Denver next week. Will Arapahoe Basin be open?

Latest posts