• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Snagged this for $6 bucks at piag today. Stoked to throw it. I have an mj tour series comet that it pretty stable even after several rounds, hoping this will give me that mythical comet flight I keep hearing about

Very nice snag! I got two of those as throwers and personally that is the mythical comet, and it's yellow :D

My favourite plastic, durable and grippy. Great glide and understable with the unshrunk wing, enjoy my friend!

Snagged this for $6 bucks at piag today. Stoked to throw it. I have an mj tour series comet that it pretty stable even after several rounds, hoping this will give me that mythical comet flight I keep hearing about

The MJs are definitely a bit more overstable for a Comet. You should love that cheap grab! Good luck with it.

e19cc8646204a1339e2bb0b8043e87f2.jpg

So this is the dream team combo right here. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't even know if I need Rocs in the bag anymore. The MJ comet is plenty stable to cover the fresh roc slot, and this yellow comet flies like I want all of my Rocs to fly, all the time. So money

So this is the dream team combo right here. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't even know if I need Rocs in the bag anymore. The MJ comet is plenty stable to cover the fresh roc slot, and this yellow comet flies like I want all of my Rocs to fly, all the time. So money

Pretty much my setup when it's warm enough to throw Elite-X plastic. I've been back and forth with my Elite-X and some JB Comets for the US spot next to my '21 MJs.

I've had a few of those variants of X Comets and there are sweet indeed. I've been throwing Z's almost exclusively the last few years and thrashed DX Rancho Rocs are close but not quite the same as those X's.

Yeah those eliteX are most awesome! I prize those above many others for throwing and mine look like trash :D big ink (someone else's) haha.

Hate to even mention it but any of y'all try the Uplink? I've been digging it for in between an X and esp/Z comet. Plus I don't care what happens to it this winter.. It's kind of filling the X role just not as flippy. It's tough when I decide to shelve those and take my X's out of the (above the) fridge box.

Yeah those eliteX are most awesome! I prize those above many others for throwing and mine look like trash :D big ink (someone else's) haha.

Hate to even mention it but any of y'all try the Uplink? I've been digging it for in between an X and esp/Z comet. Plus I don't care what happens to it this winter.. It's kind of filling the X role just not as flippy. It's tough when I decide to shelve those and take my X's out of the (above the) fridge box.

There is absolutely no need for something between an X and Z Comet. If your X is beat to roller flippy, retire it.

First you say the Spin is the Comet of putters and now with the Uplink. Spew your gyro nonsense on the gyro thread.

There is absolutely no need for something between an X and Z Comet. If your X is beat to roller flippy, retire it.

First you say the Spin is the Comet of putters and now with the Uplink. Spew your gyro nonsense on the gyro thread.

Find me an X I can throw in winter then! And it's not like they're making more elite X. I'm sorry man but that new X isn't quite right. I've tasted premium x I can't go back to bargain basement.

Haha nah the uplink is no Comet.... It's got a goofy late turn, doesn't power straight the same way either, it's unique. :D just curious if anyone had messed with it.

Now the spin oh man! Don't get me started!

Find me an X I can throw in winter then! And it's not like they're making more elite X. I'm sorry man but that new X isn't quite right. I've tasted premium x I can't go back to bargain basement.

Haha nah the uplink is no Comet.... It's got a goofy late turn, doesn't power straight the same way either, it's unique. :D just curious if anyone had messed with it.

Now the spin oh man! Don't get me started!

I haven't messed with the Uplink, but now I kinda want to. I got a Glow XCom Griffon as a mystery disc from Infinite, and it's like a beadless Comet in both feel and flight. I immediately was thinking that it felt like one when I put it in my hand, but after throwing it, it's like a fresh X out of the box and in premium plastic to boot. I'm thinking of getting another one for FH clean up since it's actually really comfy in my FH fan grip.

I don't get the X Comet cult.

I've got four Z Comets (I would have five but one was in the bag one day and a guy wanted it and I said "Whatcha got?" and he pulled out a pearly Valk and I know this is a Comet thread but if somebody wants your go-to Comet and they are going to give you a pearly Valk you can buy another Comet :| ) and a Big Z Comet that do all the beat-in X Comet things. I'm old, I only play twice a week anymore and I have a huge Roc problem so Comets are only in my bag 1/2 the time. I've managed to beat Z Comets into the sweet spot. What the Hell are you guys doing? Miss your damn line every now and then, the trees will take care of this.

Also the best premium plastic X Comet disc I have is a seasoned Star Ontario Roc*. :|

*comment added just to see if ThrowaEnvy is drinking this early in the morning

I wanted to update my experiences with the MJ Ledgestone jawbreaker glow comets.
I got two from a friend on the forums (thanks Badu).

The one I have thrown for two rounds is SuPeR grippy and great for winter weather.
The flight has just a little flip and a little come back. It took almost no getting used to at all.
Good dome, great stamp, perfect flight for what I wanted.

No- it basically doesn't glow- but I knew that.

I've managed to beat Z Comets into the sweet spot. What the Hell are you guys doing? Miss your damn line every now and then, the trees will take care of this.

I only have 1 Z comet that is even close to flippy. And that's the original one that got a permanent spot in the bag way back in the late 00s...I guess I should take your advice? All the X Comets I've bought have been 2nd hand beat in already, and my next most beat is a 2018 MJ ESP that has been thrown *a lot* in the last 4 seasons

I only have 1 Z comet that is even close to flippy. And that's the original one that got a permanent spot in the bag way back in the late 00s...I guess I should take your advice? All the X Comets I've bought have been 2nd hand beat in already, and my next most beat is a 2018 MJ ESP that has been thrown *a lot* in the last 4 seasons

Geez those are some nice Comets.. Wouldn't hurt to get a fresh Z but if you arehoping to back up that '18 MJ that's not quite "there yet" then a fresh Z could be a little stable.

Might I suggest dropping a few grams with a new Z, maybe keep an eye out for a 21 MJ or if they ever become available get a big Z or an ESP.

If you're throwing 176's or 177+ even shaving a few grams to a 174 is a little bump down in stability. Personally I wouldn't touch anything below 172g though.

If you're throwing 176's or 177+ even shaving a few grams to a 174 is a little bump down in stability. Personally I wouldn't touch anything below 172g though.

Last year I grabbed a nearly new GloZ Comet @ 174g. I had no idea how flippy it would be compared to 177+. I still love it, but it was unexpected.

Last year I grabbed a nearly new GloZ Comet @ 174g. I had no idea how flippy it would be compared to 177+. I still love it, but it was unexpected.

Where the hell did you manage to find a glow Z?

That's a damn nice disc, I always found those a little bit straighter out-of-the-box than a regular Z

Where the hell did you manage to find a glow Z?

That's a damn nice disc, I always found those a little bit straighter out-of-the-box than a regular Z
The Z Glows used to be the beefiest Comets around. I don't throw them so I don't know anything about them currently.

So I take it I'm the only one here with a 166g Z Comet in the bag? It's not even the flippiest Z Comet I have...

The Z Glows used to be the beefiest Comets around. I don't throw them so I don't know anything about them currently.

I'd pick that bone haha. Sample size of 1 at 174g glow comet had a fairly mellow flat top on it with a good shoulder. I gravitated towards DC glow Z for my Buzzz's and then the 1 comet, I found they consistently had the flattest tops and I Mail order a lot. I always felt like the glow Z is a tad grippier than Z, so maybe I transfer power better that way.

I had a 167ish crystal Z pop top but I gave it to my Apprentice. It kinda didn't fit with the rest, if it was the only Comet I carried it would have been plenty awesome but I play yard rounds with 2 comets often and it didn't play well with others.

If I'd been able to get more lighter weight Comets sooner maybe I'd have one in the bag but meh, I've got a Spin. :D :\

And a very nice selection of elite X's.. I'd rather throw a heavier elite X than a light Z.