• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Maybe it doesn't exist but something with comet glide and buzzz fade would be pretty cool.

Pinnacle Ghost is exactly this. Very similar feel in hand to the Comet, but better glide and less fade than a Rancho Roc.

I bought a light x Comet again today and took the tangent out for a round. Why did I ever take this disc out of the bag? I shanked a drive and got spat back out onto the fairway with 300 feet left to go in the tunnel. Parked with the Comet from a standstill. I love it. Sometimes I'm dumb, this isn't leaving the bag again.

I'm loving my Comets. I have two X Comets in different weights. I'm wondering is their a Comet mold that is stable enough to replace my Rocs? Can a heavy Z Comet hold up in the wind if thrown with hyzer? Or should I keep a Buzz or Roc in the bag for those shots I want to finish left? I also keep a Gator to go left and fight wind. Comet/Gator work? Trade off my Rocs?

160g X Comet would be interesting.. or Z as I prefer more durable plastics. I'm wondering that how fast would an X Comet beat to "too" understable state. Not sure If I'll ever try it though but if I will I'd do it to see how's my form. :D

i throw 167-169x for finesse type stuff, long standstill approaches and drives in the woods. my form isn't perfect but they are like little UFOs gliding all over the course, especially when fresh. i like x comets more than z or esp. you can't pound on the light ones, they will turn. a 160 would be useless, IMO . . . but if you throw nice and smooth . . . oh man. the upper 160's just go.

Okay, maybe not too light then. The nearest disc golf shop has an orange 175g X, 170g ESP and 177g Z Comets. There's surprisingly few Comets moving around here in Finland. I don't remember seeing any at Finnish forum's marketplace.

Still figuring out my 174 Glo Z Comet. My problem with it is how big it feels for a mid. It's huge compared to most of my other mids. I'm not crazy about how it feels in my hand.

But damn if that thing doesn't fly straight with ease. Hyzer flip to straight. Hard and flat with a tiny fade. Even if I pop it up to high it still doesn't fade hard. If I really rip it, it'll go straight and fades right very late.

Most of this has been field work but it's getting it's first real test on the course after work today.

I'm loving my Comets. I have two X Comets in different weights. I'm wondering is their a Comet mold that is stable enough to replace my Rocs? Can a heavy Z Comet hold up in the wind if thrown with hyzer? Or should I keep a Buzz or Roc in the bag for those shots I want to finish left? I also keep a Gator to go left and fight wind. Comet/Gator work? Trade off my Rocs?

^^^^
Maybe a glo comet

Most likely not. The Roc/ Comet combo with a Gator for beef is a very solid lineup. No need to push too hard to make a disc do what it isn't meant to.

Comet/Ghost setup awesome. Ghosts have an almost 90 degree rim like the comets so I prefer them to rocs. Also a max weight Icon ghost might be OS enough to where you might not need a gator but it all depends on how you throw and what you use the gator for.

ooooh lawdy.

more comet love. picked up a 177+ today to complement the 167-169g. when i kicked these out of the bag i kicked out a huge part of my control game; dumbest thing i did this season.

I decided to start focusing my form more seriosly, and decided to pick few Comets (177 ESP and elite Z) as they are advertised as "technique repair discs". I thow with one step run up about 60-80 meters depending on disc (Envy around 60, Truth about 70 and Switch, Crave, Fury and Hatchet go around 80 meters and in rare occasions even 90m). I'm wondering what type of flight path and distances I am looking for if my form is ok. FlightAnalyzer website (http://www.flightanalyzer.com/#/Comet///) gives different flight paths for different skill levels, but they are of course approximations.

I've been getting more and more comfortable with my Comet. It's almost replaced my Tangent and I'm turning to it more and more.

When playing rounds for fun I'll throw a lot of 2nd shots to try out how a different disc would have done on a particular hole. Lately it's been going that for every shot I hit a tree I try the Comet on a 2nd shot and place it perfectly.

I don't know why I keep trying to use other disc except to say it ticks me off when I can't make a disc do something I want.

I played in local club tournament the other day and there were a number of backups on a lot of holes. I'm standing on #16 at Bradford. I short hole that you have to shot down at across a creek. I've already got my tangent pulled out when the group behind us walks up and I happen to notice that Mr. Comet himself, Michael Johansen is in the group.

How could I not pull out my Comet and throw it instead of the tangent?

Only birdie I had the entire round.

I've been getting more and more comfortable with my Comet. It's almost replaced my Tangent and I'm turning to it more and more.

When playing rounds for fun I'll throw a lot of 2nd shots to try out how a different disc would have done on a particular hole. Lately it's been going that for every shot I hit a tree I try the Comet on a 2nd shot and place it perfectly.

I don't know why I keep trying to use other disc except to say it ticks me off when I can't make a disc do something I want.

I played in local club tournament the other day and there were a number of backups on a lot of holes. I'm standing on #16 at Bradford. I short hole that you have to shot down at across a creek. I've already got my tangent pulled out when the group behind us walks up and I happen to notice that Mr. Comet himself, Michael Johansen is in the group.

LOL, good job :D

Comet > Tangent. Always.

Just lost my first X Comet! It was a sad moment. But now I have an excuse to buy another and might as well get one in ESP and maybe Z!

Latest posts