• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Like frisbees right? Yep, beginners are really unfamiliar with frisbees. :| :)

Nothing like a regular Frisbee..........I am talking Roc, Comet, Viper, Raven, Cyclone, and others which all have very concaved rim configurations compared to the newer models.

Nothing like a regular Frisbee..........I am talking Roc, Comet, Viper, Raven, Cyclone, and others which all have very concaved rim configurations compared to the newer models.

Oh I see what you are saying. I was fixated on the fact that Rocs and Comets are more reminiscent of frisbees in terms of being domey and glidier than drivers.

The way people describe the Comet sounds a lot like the way people describe a Skeeter. Is a Skeeter like a faster Comet?

Skeeter looks and feels a bit like a Comet in that it has a domey shape and a lip. I threw a Skeeter for quite a while... and dumped them for the Comet, the short answer is that it's a more stable skeeter. They are both great for annhyzers that don't come back but I still trust the Comet for a straight shot or a hyzer putt around trees, that's where I find the Skeeter or a Meteor a little squirrely. The Comet is wider has a feel a lot like a Roc, it has a bead.

I threw a Comet on 70% of my approaches for the tourney this weekend, rocked it hard, placed 4th in Advanced Men behind 3 sandbaggers so that's practically a win. Had a couple of the old boys I respect get curious about it cuz it works so well for me. It doesn't hurt that I've still got a Meteor in there for downhill shots, there's a lot of them in peoples bags too.

Yay Comet. !with a shout out to Scoot er and Donovan for getting me to buy one!

Last edited:
Got back from some more practice with the comet. Started pushing it out to 290' on the last few throws, getting more confident with it. I tried a few different things with my form, and it's starting to click (for now) so I'm happy. It's helped me a lot getting more consistent throwing my other discs too.

I think I am in love (comet)

So on a lark yesterday I bought a Z comet. Everything I've read on here is that it will go exactly where you throw it, and will show if you are using bad form. Since I have horrible backhand distance but am trying to work on it I thought a comet would be a good practice disc.

HOLY CRAP, it was longer than any of my Buzzes in field practice last night, and even longer than my Leopard many throws, all while going arrow straight. Even with a not great release, it straightened out and just went exactly the direction it was thrown.

Thank you all, I think I finally have a chance to par number 4 at Blue Ribbon Pines with this disc :)

Yup. I sing the Comet song to all who will listen. It is the best choice available for certain shots.
I need to try the Fuse, though, because people have been saying it is Comet-esque.

If you want more info on Comets there is a thread called Comet love here on DGCR and there is another more comprehensive thread on DGR called Comet lovers.

best disc ever. wait til you get to a course with lots of downhill holes, it'll go forever and never fade left.

WARNING: at some point, you will throw Comets and love them. they will fix your form and disc golf will become a little easier. then, you'll start to throw your other discs better because of it. You will contemplate leaving the Comet behind, take it to a field, throw it horribly, and want to divorce it. don't do it... it's you, not the Comet.

Nice to see all these Comet lovers. I have 4 Z Comets that I'm going to be selling shortly...bwah ah ahhhhh...

Not a fan of the Z Comet I tried. I picked up an X Comet recently that's working out well though.