• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I laugh when I see the stamp. Always makes me think of Madballs. :D

madballs-i-mockery.gif

Pretty sure I had the purple and blue ones as a kid, might have had the green one too.

Here's to hoping Discraft drops that stamp and puts MJ on them.

*HELP YOUR BOY OUT DISCRAFT! COME ON!

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I built an 8 disc Discraft bag and the Comet gets used the Most. Awesome disc. AND... MJ deserves his own disc. How long has that guy been throwing for Discraft?

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I built an 8 disc Discraft bag and the Comet gets used the Most. Awesome disc. AND... MJ deserves his own disc. How long has that guy been throwing for Discraft?

I'm curious: Which 8 Discraft discs are in your bag?

Not to start an argument, but my Big-Z is more stable than both of my "X's". Maybe I got a fluke as it's my only big-Z, but I'm pretty happy with it. And while I do prefer the older stamps, I really don't mind the flying Meatball stamp at all, I think it's kind of funny. I don't need to be a bad-ass disc golfer, I like a sense of humor.

i'll second this... i actually like the angry flying meatball stamp! i think it just became cool to hate it, so everyone else thinks what the cool kids think. i wish i could find it, though, and hope someone does and calls me :(

as far as x vs big z stability, i also agree. my x is my flippy/finesse mid and the big z *was* my stable straight comet.

Threw an angry meatball big z in the bag tonight for a quick 9. Such a great disc; way more stable than the TI and X I currently bag.

the big z i've thrown (all two of them) were flippy. i've also seen some others throw theirs and they seemed flippy. these were the meatball (ugly stamp) comets.

i think they should give them an official name now instead of big z. call them meatball comets. worst stamp ever. they need to bring the old stamps back.

oh, and x holds up fairly well. i'd say about as well as driver pro.

The big Z I've thrown were flatter and also flippier than my domey X and z. So, samesies.
But I like the meatball stamp.

I think that's a better observation. The big z I threw were flatter and most flatter comets I've thrown have been flippy. Something about that nice dome raises the plh on them somehow.

I just won a Big Z Meatball Comet as a CTP Prize, and it actually has a somewhat decent dome.

Plastic feels great.

Can't wait to throw it.

i just received a Big Z from a friend and its MUCH more overstable than my Elite-Z or ESP's i normally throw .. now it is a gram or two heavier than my others but wow this thing is a hawg of a comet .. i enjoy it but wow .. fwiw its flat, stiff and yellowish .. but surprised to see that most are more understable .. that is most def not the case with this one .. and im an avid comet fella lol

Last edited:

yeah i have never understood this .. they would sell like CRAZY!! i could prob sell 20 at our lil tiny local sunday doubles alone lol

I used to love comets, went through a couple Zs, then I fell for the meteor...until recently because I've got comet fever again! I searched out a 176g ESP at a club get together and it's still fresh but it's already doing it's job pretty well and I know it's only going to get better for a long time!

ZOMG WTF COMET HOLY WOW :eek::eek::eek:

Never thrown a comet before today, and I was majorly missing out. Picked one up because I'm having roc issues and need an out the box turnover mid. I thought it would just be a temp thing, but wow was I impressed today. Comets are nuts, thanks DGCR for hyping them up otherwise I probably never would have thrown one.

Snag a domey X and it will blow your mind even further.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I don't know exactly what that means but I don't care at this point.

How have I played for almost a decade and never thrown one of these things!?!?!?! That is unacceptable.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I don't know exactly what that means but I don't care at this point.

How have I played for almost a decade and never thrown one of these things!?!?!?! That is unacceptable.

It's the single best golf disc ever made. Try throwing hyzers with it, they make beautiful hyzers.

I too played for almost a decade before I first threw a Comet. Then......disc golf became fun again. I play so many tightly wooded courses. Such a relief to discover the Comet. Recently I've found out how amazing they are with FH shots. :hfive: