• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

One does not casually drop a staggering number of Comets without some pictures. 😐
I don't have a "family" pic of them. They are the second row in the pic here. A lot of them are newer releases. But I do have 13 of the LE esp, a couple of the elite x stamped Z from 15 yrs ago and some random pfn stuff. No TP of RR comets though.

Attachments

• 20231203_120158.jpg
    20231203_120158.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Cool to see this thread is still going.... I've been throwing comets for a long time. They are my most hoarded disc (currently at 75!).
You got any extra LE ESP ones you'd consider parting with? 😁

Edit: I'd be willing to trade TP, X, and First Runs...

Be careful with that cloudy yellow Z, it looks exactly like the one I found in a used bin a while back. Appeared to be in great shape, ran some warm water on it, and it disintegrated. Heartbreaking, I didn't even get to throw it.
It is very "fingerprinty" so it might be fragile... I have a couple more if it is

Is there a way to tell what run it is? Not that it really matters I guess, I think they did 3 LE runs right?
First run had no tooling, I think they added that in the second run. Other than that, I wanna say the latter runs were limited in color selection, but that could be just the selection I found where I was shopping.

First run had no tooling, I think they added that in the second run. Other than that, I wanna say the latter runs were limited in color selection, but that could be just the selection I found where I was shopping.
I think you're right about the color, I remember that being something we were all talking about at the time. Can't remember the specifics though. I think one run came out flatter too... but I could be mis-remembering that.

I think you're right about the color, I remember that being something we were all talking about at the time. Can't remember the specifics though. I think one run came out flatter too... but I could be mis-remembering that.
Yeah you're remembering right, but I didn't want to conflate the two in my head. A lot of the orange ones from layer runs were really flat, and I've got a reddish one that's flat as well. There were other colors that I didn't know were even run in the early runs. I've got a light blue one coming next week with no tooling on it. I didn't know they even ran ESP that color before the Nate Doss Surge.

Yeah you're remembering right, but I didn't want to conflate the two in my head. A lot of the orange ones from layer runs were really flat, and I've got a reddish one that's flat as well. There were other colors that I didn't know were even run in the early runs. I've got a light blue one coming next week with no tooling on it. I didn't know they even ran ESP that color before the Nate Doss Surge.
I have a light blue one as well, but not sure what run (i thought the blue ines were from the last run). I have mostly orange and yellow. 2 pink and 1 red (now a green one as well).

It is very "fingerprinty" so it might be fragile... I have a couple more if it is
I like to take lint free anti-con rags and buff the polymer back into the plastic. Its seems to buy me some time with my older stuff on the verge of falling apart.

As long as disc was not clear Z/Elite Z you are good, those were so hard to find out on a course unless disc had a big colorful tournament stamp on the disc.

Fondled a First Run Comet last night. Stamped on the back. It was the first night of Ann Arbor Area Disc, putting league. We have been talking to an OG member/leader of our 35 year old club. He has expressed wishes to unload his stash of club merch and discs, from that era. He stopped up to the putting league and we had a chance to chat. He dropped off the Comet, an old Rattler and a club shirt from "back in the day". We are meeting him for drinks in a couple days to negotiate the rest of his stuff. It will be pretty interesting to see what he has.