• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
At the European Championships i threw a first run Comet that is way more hss than any other Comet i have thrown. Does not flip at my full power. Blunt edged flattest examples of Lat Fuses are about as long though i have thrown second run ESP farther and flip a couple of degrees. That may flip enough for you out of the box. No bead.

Got a Glo Z 173-174 Comet that in pretty bad winds needed some 5 degrees of hyzer to flip up to flat. It is the most HSS one i have and the only one i can nut with a ful speed run up. I have thrown a non turning FR Comet of Smigles and so this is still a far cry from that but an improvement over my others and this one gives the best Fuses a run for their money. The longest toss was 335' straight line. Likey. That was with my new tendonitis support on. I did not feel any shorter with the support with a light Bliz Boss s-curving to 433' landing at about 425' with rear wind assist though and an s-curve. So the speed was almost out at landing. Not exactly a normal throw and a golfable one. But considerin lost power due to ailments not too shabby. Well longer than anything this year.

The disc was the flattest topped one with the highest PLH out of about 10. IME Comets get more HSS with flatter tops. The edge seemed as blunt as any others and the wing concavity was similar to most regular Z Comets. The shop had no heavier ones so gotta get me a new supplier of a max weighted one. Drooling at the idea :mrgreen:

I got no wobblies or aberrant tosses with a two finger power grip so the releases were nice. The grip felt friendlier than ever. The longest throws were past my Fuse record. With a pretty high percentage.

Less wind some tosses in calm and this Glo Z Comet 173-174 rocks. Well i tossed everything short today with less wind to no wind. Biking may be the problem and so could the arm brace. 300' tops only. Which is 30'+ 40' exactly IIRC short of the previous time with rear wind. The great thing was reduced need for initial hyzer. Maybe 3 degrees in calm conditions and it would fade late and little not moving a lot to the left with great height variations so only distance is effected by the apex height. So a nice safety blanket against that particular problem. Stand still 250' 2 degree anny flexed to flat with 7' apex. FH with flipped 0 with wrist flick only to 100' and more power means initial hyzer need. 170' needs something like 4 degrees of hyzer. I did not try to go for more D.

So less hss than a FR Comet but available with about the same HSS and maybe a hair less LSS than Opto Fuse with no idea of D difference because no head to head comparison yet. Earlier a different non FR Comet flew to 350' which is over 20' more than my Fuses. This Comet went to 340' in rear wind the last time and only 300' today but everything was well short for me today.

As soon as the wind of 6 MPH tops came the initial hyzer need got from 3 to 5 degrees for a flat flight. No biggie and non ruinous sideways movements if the angle was missed between the wind requirements. A reliable Comet is the first one for me when it comes going down a path out of the ones i have owned. If FRs were reliably available i would be disappointed but now i am overjoyed.

Latest posts