• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Complimentary Minis?

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Alright, this is a last minute question. I'm heading to Hershey Park tomorrow with my daughter while my wife is at a seminar. We've been throwing our minis around the property the last few days in preparation for playing a mini course or two in the Lancaster area.

I've been throwing my Innova Mini-Driver primarily and seems to be a meat-hook of a disc for someone new to throwing minis. I also tried my "Gotta Go/Gotta Throw" mini that came free with an order. It's pretty overstable, too, but is lighter and doesn't go as far.

My daughter also has a Nano that we got her when we were in Orlando and checked out DiscGolfCenter in person. I threw it a couple times, too, and it seemed much more stable, and maybe even a little understable. It seemed like the two would cover a wide range of mini golf shots.

Does anyone have any suggestions about other minis that I might consider? There are a couple places to buy them in Lancaster and I might just get one or two more for fun. I'm thinking about getting myself a Nano if I can find one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a Prodiscus mini that is as hard as a dinner plate. I throw it on a 45 degree anny and it will still flex out.

My favorite thrower is a Axiom though. It is less stable than a nano and a lot easier to throw.

The zing container mini's fly great. Particularly the outside one with the fatter rim. And then the smaller one can be used for putting!

complement.

No, I actually meant that I wanted two minis that would treat each other really nicely. For example, one disc says to the other "That was a beautiful turnover shot that you just flew." And the other replies with "And what a wonderful shade of yellow you are." :p

And in all seriousness... :doh: I hate it when that happens!

And in all seriousness... :doh: I hate it when that happens!

I hate when some sick points out my simple grammatical mistakes when I'm typing out a post about disc golf on my phone's tiny keyboard too.

just throw thumbers with an innova mini driver...

This^^^ or any other shot you want. The innova driver is the best I have thrown. I almost aced last week on a fundraiser, about 80-100ft out. It was 18 holes, with two mini holes. Super fun. There was a tree like 2 feet away and I nailed the tree trunk and kicked back and hit the basket. :doh:

the nano is the only mini that id throw. everything else is a toy.

The nano is awesome looking and flies pretty good imo, but is too light. I like throwing a big hyzer with the heavy innova driver. Are there different weights on the mvp minis?

I wish you well with your mini sales. However, I played 18 holes of mini on a really nice course in Lancaster... Hobson Park Mini DGC, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2629 .

Unfortunately, I determined that it's not really my thing. It was OK. And my 10 year old daughter really enjoyed it... She started with her normal RHBH throw for about 9 holes before starting to throw forehands, overheads, upside down discs, etc. So she stayed amused. :p

However, I could have basically walked away after 9 holes. I just prefer regular dg way more.

I hate when some sick points out my simple grammatical mistakes when I'm typing out a post about disc golf on my phone's tiny keyboard too.

I wish that I could have blamed that one on my phone, auto-correct, or anything. But it was just a stupid brain-cramp on my part. :p