• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Converting to Lat 64, question about disc comparisons

Well I bought a gold River last year and loved it, picked up a gold Riot about a month ago and love it!. Picked up a gold Halo 2 weeks ago, furthest disc I've thrown. Today got an opto Pure, throws like a shorter buzzz for me, love it! Now I want a putter, I putt with a medium challenger, does the eze Mercy or Pure putt similar? Also I am looking to replace my Eagle with a Lat 64 disc; Does the Striker fly similar to the Eagle, something i can putt a little muscle on a flat line and still have it finish right? Thanks for any info?

hmm. mercy will be close to a challenger. the pure in eze is a great putter, my favorite.

The striker would fly like a longer eagle. Or go with the new saint. kinda eagle ish has some sick glide. Their miss are great too. fuse is a must have for a lat bag, super glidey under stable mid. the pain is like a champ roc, and well its a killer

River enuf said there!!

have fun the lat guys make some great plastic. check out the already existing lat threads there is some great information in those.

I will speak to Eagles compared to Strikers. I throw both molds. Strikes in GL plastic have the same HSS as Champion Eagles but less fade. Opto Strikers have less HSS than Eagles but flies long and flat with dependable fade. It could work but you would need to power the Striker down some to get a similar flight.

Also, I have thrown a couple 175 Strikers and they are more comparable to a nicely beat Firebird.

p.s. might want to try a Saint.

Last edited:
I have a thrown a 178 River before and it still turns over more than the eagle. I can finesse a river to a similar flight path but want a speed 7-9 driver than I can crank on and have it come back right with reliability

I used my Opto Saint last night for all the shots I'd usually throw my Star Eagle. Worked like a champ. Tad different flight, but close enough it was easy to adjust. YMMV

Edit.....by tad different, I mean it seemed I had to give the Saint a little more room to the right on a RH backhand shot. Wasn't much either, say average 5-8 feet?

im going to kinda hijack this thread instead of creating a new one his question is pretty close to mine how would you guys rate the stability of the putters spike,sinus,mercy,pure,and swan thinking about picking one or two up currently putting with a wizard like it just want to try some lat or west out

Don't forget Westside! They are made by Lat. 64! I bought a color shift GL Pain a couple weeks ago and it was instant love. I bought a matching TP Warship (Westside) Saturday at Worlds, and I believe I will like it in the end also.

Westside/Latitude has the absolute best plastic around it seems to me.

Westside/Latitude has the absolute best plastic around it seems to me.

Truth! I made the switch and I absolutely will not be looking back. Grab a core fuse and pain with a river and a saint to start with and go from there.

One excellent Lat disc nobody mentioned yet is the Trident. It's in the speed 5-6 range and a blunt instrument of meathooky goodness. It won't go far, but it's so freaking controllable for short range shots. It's basically a slower XXX for precision shots inside of 200 - 250ft.

I made the switch during worlds...(was a bet)

The GL Saint is very much like an Eagle...
The XXX is like a faster Firebird
The Mercy is a less glidey challenger..It's dead nuts straight inside of 10m, but has an unpredictable fade outside of that.
River is a good straight disc in the lighter weights (I preferred the test material2 version)
Vision is like an Avenger SS, long and flippy

The Bolt is a great straight/skip disc, and good for big d/ if you play the HSS turn right
The Flow is great at carving lines, I love throwing Hyzers throught the woods with it.
The Villian is a great headwind driver, as well as a long predictable fade driver (like a really fast Firebird)

I used the Warship for my straight mid, switching from Rocs..it was the logical choice, if you use buzzes, get the Core

The Pain is a nice skip disc with lots of glide and lots of fade

The fuse is finicky, but your only real option for an out of the box turning mid.

I also used the Sinus for under 200' upshots, because it's a predictable hook...(flys like a pig)

____
For my game... All lat didn't work super well. I'm used to a more floaty putter (Wizards) so the Mercy, Pure, spike, and sinus are all pretty useless to me, tho the Mercy is a little more glidey)

I could never get the Fuse to do what it's chart says it will do...and I already have a collection of Rocs that do what I need.

I love their drivers tho, and they are still my main drivers in my bag

Latest posts