• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Converting to Lat 64, question about disc comparisons

One last question, in everyone's opinion what is more overstable, the Saint or the Striker and in what plastic? I heard opto plastic is the most stable.

watch the opto pure to much torque with fan grip =bad

Too much torque with any grip on the Pure is bad. I was hucking that thing with torque and/or OAT and it was a nightmare. Still working on fixing those flaws, but when it clicks? Boy does it click.

I could never get the Fuse to do what it's chart says it will do...and I already have a collection of Rocs that do what I need.

What was the Fuse (not) doing? Lighter ones are generally more turn friendly out of the box but heavy Opto ones can be too straight at first. If you have a heavy Opto, I suggest beating the snot out of it to see its true Fuse goodness.

One last question, in everyone's opinion what is more overstable, the Saint or the Striker and in what plastic? I heard opto plastic is the most stable.

The Striker is more OS for me.
I've thrown heavy Optos and heavy GLs and they were both nicely OS.
I have only thrown light GL Saints, and they were as flippy as can be.
I know I was OATing them a bit (I'm normally pretty smooth) because it felt like I had to adjust my grip to get them to do what I wanted.
(I don't like messing with my grip too much, weak spot in my game anyway.)
They were very nice when I could get them reigned in and very glidey, too.

This afternoon, I did some field work with the Opto Saint from the Worlds pack, and the GL Saint and Striker I picked up with my payout. Good stuff all around, although I can't accurately compare stability of Opto vs. GL on the Saint, since they may be different weights - I throw 175 generally. I agree with rolling; the Striker was a touch more OS than the Saint, but I flipped them both a bit. I'll run more tests on the course tomorrow. And for comparison, I flip the ever-lovin crap out of my GL River most of the time... Must work on that...

That's a hard one to answer because Strikers have varied so much. The Strikers I've had/own have flight patterns like a TL or a Wraith, depending, but there have been some that are much less stable and some that people describe as Firebirds.

Apparently Saints vary a little, too, but I guess later runs will determine how much. The 168 opto sparkle Saint I have is definitely less hss than any of my Strikers and it becomes very sensitive/undependable in high winds. I was hoping it would have more true hss...still an awesome disc anyway and I prefer it over the Striker (a lot of that has to do with that funky larger diameter on the Striker).

Stability of opto vs. gl isn't a dependable comparison across their molds. Opto is *usually* a tick more stable but not always. In all of the Lat discs I've had, the plh is usually the same or so small of a difference that it doesn't seem to matter, but variations with weight and dome can affect the mold quite a bit, but not with the consistency/expectations that I'm used to with other manufacturers. Best to read up on the disc to see what people are finding with theirs.

I'd say my current Striker is like a TL, maybe a tad tighter. My old one was like a crazy Firebird. I have noticed my Striker and my P-line CD have close to the same flight. I like this one....if I loose it, I'll just get another CD.

Here are my personal observations on disc comparison, these are just approximations and I'm sure some people won't agree but this is for my particular throwing style:

Flow = Glidey Orc/Wraith
Sword = Flow-X? slightly more HSS, but 95%+ similar in mold and flight. Still like glidey Orc/Wraith.
River = Leopard/TL depending on weight/plastic
Halo = Superfast Xcaliber
XXX = Firebird/Monster, good for skips, flicks and thumbers
Warship = Slightly faster Buzzz, almost a fairway driver, holds a line.
Fuse = Opto flies almost exactly like a Champion Cobra in similar weight, maybe Comet in Discraft?

Here are my personal observations on disc comparison, these are just approximations and I'm sure some people won't agree but this is for my particular throwing style:

Flow = Glidey Orc/Wraith
Sword = Flow-X? slightly more HSS, but 95%+ similar in mold and flight. Still like glidey Orc/Wraith.
River = Leopard/TL depending on weight/plastic
Halo = Superfast Xcaliber
XXX = Firebird/Monster, good for skips, flicks and thumbers
Warship = Slightly faster Buzzz, almost a fairway driver, holds a line.
Fuse = Opto flies almost exactly like a Champion Cobra in similar weight, maybe Comet in Discraft?

I think this is pretty spot on

but will need some additions

i.e. for the Saint and Striker
for the Boatman
Northman
Villain
Giant
and Havoc/Bolt

I put the Havoc and Bolt together because their flight ratings almost appear to be interchangeable

Saint = Teegle L
Striker = Teegle X
Villain = xcal?
Giant = PD2 L

perhaps the analgous discs for the Villain and Giant need to be switched

Boatman = Tee-Rex?
Northman = ?
Havoc/Bolt = Katana or maybe the Dominator
Pain = Roc
Core = Buzzz

missing any of the key Westside/Lat molds?

I am getting a pain soon so if a pain equals roc and I don't throw rocs, what is the pain like in Discraft???

That is what I heard. Thanks! I'm not sure I need both a z wasp and a pain in the bag.

Throw american

Yeah, we COULD do that... But if those durned furriners make a better product that looks better, lasts longer, and flies better than the garbage coming out of California these days, why would we keep throwing our money down the drain? I drive a Honda too because my Hondas and Toyotas have all lasted longer and held up better than the Dodge, Ford, and Oldsmobile I used to own. Until American quality catches up we're going to continue sending our money overseas.

I think this is pretty spot on

but will need some additions

i.e. for the Saint and Striker
for the Boatman
Northman
Villain
Giant
and Havoc/Bolt

I put the Havoc and Bolt together because their flight ratings almost appear to be interchangeable

Saint = Teegle L
Striker = Teegle X
Villain = xcal?
Giant = PD2 L

perhaps the analgous discs for the Villain and Giant need to be switched

Boatman = Tee-Rex?
Northman = ?
Havoc/Bolt = Katana or maybe the Dominator
Pain = Roc
Core = Buzzz

missing any of the key Westside/Lat molds?

What about the King?