• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Converting to light discs

I throw light (upper 150's) drivers for open shots where I am more concerned with distance than accuracy- primarily D2's in 400g. I still throw upper 160's for most of my drivers and fairways and low to mid 170's for putters and mids. I feel like my timing is a bit better with the heavier stuff but the lighter stuff definitely goes farther.

I disagree. He ALMOST invalidates it. The majority of the content of this website is made up of those who can't currently go out and throw anything because they are stuck at work and would rather WAY over-analyze things than think about the reality of employment. :p

I feel attacked personally :(

:hfive:

I've actually started throwing paper plates. They fly half a mile and are biodegradable if you get the uncoated ones. My post-round BBQ sort of seeps through though

This was how I 'discovered' the Polecat. I took the advice of some on these boards and tried a 150g Poleat as a 'Get Out Of Jail' disc. No power on it, just aiming and flicking my wrist, and that Polecat glided so well and flew so good... Moral of the story is that lightweight discs, be they putters, mids, or drivers, can have some advantages for some people. :thmbup:

I know, I use a 166 gram #2 upshot prostlye for flick putts/short flick shots discovered by accident as well as a uphill/dowhill putter. Can now do a flick putt with my main putters as well. Not as good with my approach disc but that is another story.

Then I use a 150 gram only DX Dragon as a tailwind open at least 90% from trees and other things to hit bomber or calm same conditions on really long shots since I can use the lightweight to get long distance. I also have the disc for the main use as well.

I used to bag a 150 class Valkyrie for tailwind drives but it rarely saw flight