• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Convince me on Teebird alternative

I like the VIP Stag for this slot, they are wicked straight until you really lean into it and then you can get a bit of turn and still some fade out of it.

Really it's more like an Eagle plus more glide.

Thats a good analogy. I find the Teebird pattern a little more versatile but have both in the bag.

But the Teebird? Naah, too unique... and too legit to quit.

iu

Well try a new company with a different disc, don't mess with your teebird

I don't have a teebird right now (I lost it). So I need to buy a stable fairway driver either way.

This feels like an intervention right now. The teebird lover comments alone have made this thread worth it.

I have a Clash, Crave, Resistor, Rival, and Patriot at home. If you ever want to try them out, I could probably meet you at Como or the Ridge some day.

The Clash is closer to a Teebird than the Crave... the Crave has less turn and less fade. Both land in a vary similar spots, but the flight path is different.

Playing in wooded courses, I feel the Crave hits more narrow tunnels...but your milage may vary

Last edited:
The Patriot is awesome, I really like it and it has made a home in my bag. But it IS high speed understable, so not exactly teebird, but it isnt flippy, its VERY workable. So it can be thrown in many ways, straight or hyzer.

Prodigy F3 is a good choice for a lil more stability.

FD is great but its discmania, which is innova esq

Clash is ok, but i still prefer the teebird. Clash would fit the bill for stability, but its not OS as adversitsed, it does go straight lil turn, sharper fade late. Clash is decent.

Patriot, FD, Clash, F3

The Patriot is awesome, I really like it and it has made a home in my bag. But it IS high speed understable, so not exactly teebird, but it isnt flippy, its VERY workable. So it can be thrown in many ways, straight or hyzer.

Clash is ok, but i still prefer the teebird. Clash would fit the bill for stability, but its not OS as adversitsed, it does go straight lil turn, sharper fade late. Clash is decent.

Patriot, FD, Clash, F3

I'm going to agree with the Patriot. It's an underrated disc. I throw it in Icon plastic and it's a very consistent and workable disc. For players with less than 330 foot of power I can see it replacing Teebirds. For high power players it's a great turnover disc.

Patriot, FD, Clash, F3

Why should I pick a patriot over the other options?
Plastic? Colors? Consistency? Because Steve Rico is cool?

Because if you get a Pinnacle Patriot then it will be beefy, durable, and cool. Just like Rico. But really tho, a Pinnacle Patriot in the 170s is very close to a champ TL (maybe a tad more turn if you coax it out of it) but the plastic is just so nice and pearly and grippy. Icons are sweet too but are somewhat less HSS than the Pinnacle and so are not as much of a Teebird replacement per the OP.

Last edited:
Why should I pick a patriot over the other options?
Plastic? Colors? Consistency? Because Steve Rico is cool?

I prefer the PINNACLE plastic, it is good, durable, grippy, feels nice, looks nice.

PINNACLE will be more stable overall and stay that way much longer. I recommend the PATRIOT.

It is a comfortable disc. It is very workable, it can be thrown straight with ease. it DOES shape, especially if you want it to.
I rate it at 7/5/-1/2 for the most part, but it will throw like 7/5/-2/1.5 as it wears. When given 80% power and good form it flies a very nice S shape. It does come back in the end unless you give it a lot of turn right away.

I think it is a comfortable disc, its unique and it just feels right. I was not a Rival fan, tho the Rival is a great flight the feel for me wasn't the best.

I recommend a heavy Pinnacle Patriot, like 172g-175g and it will fly nice. I promise ;)

If you decided to stick with Innova's lineup, then I recommend an Eagle-X (EX). It has a little more turn and more fade than a Tbird but can fly the coveted straight Tbird line when it is a little seasoned when hyzer-flipped..

The EX is often overshadowed in popularity by the Tbird but it is not a lesser mold. A person can cover all shots with different plastics, stages of wear, and weights with the EX.

Latest posts