• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coolest place you've thrown a disc??????

Off a giant cliff. It was air born forever. When it came down and hit the ground I never could find it even though we could see it from way up on the cliff. It was just amazing to watch a disc in the air for that long.

i would have to say either of the top of Mt. Washington, White Mountains, New Hampshire. Or the top of the Excalibur which is on the Las Vegas strip.......pretty fun!

Threw from the top of the highest mountain in the Monashee range- Old Glory-7778 ft. The disc flew for a long time then died HARD to the left.

Mars

Base Camp Adventure DGC outside of Moab, UT (near Arches National Park). It is as close as I'll ever get to playing on another planet (aka. Mars). Huge canyons & boulders abound. If you are ever near Moab and have a vehicle (and the stomach) that can make it down the intense 18 mile dirt road to get to this course, DO IT!!

There are so many wonderful elevation shots in, out and over finger canyons, through clusters of boulders. The Colorado River even comes into play on a couple of the holes..... a trully magical place.

I wish I knew how to post some pics... :confused:

We obviously didn't do this, but when I was at the Grand Canyon I had an overwhelming urge to toss one from the edge. It would be amazing. Now if there were only a way to retrieve the disc.

that's why you throw one you don't care to get back...:D

We obviously didn't do this, but when I was at the Grand Canyon I had an overwhelming urge to toss one from the edge. It would be amazing. Now if there were only a way to retrieve the disc.

Got a mile of kite string and a disc you don't mind putting a hole in? :)

But you are still just leaving a disc in the Grand Canyon, I don't care so much about a single disc as I do the Canyon.

Yeah, I know. I was just kidding (thus the big cheesy grin smiley face), but mashnut had a great idea. I wonder how that would work with the rotation of the disc?, interesting idea.

Got a mile of kite string and a disc you don't mind putting a hole in? :)

Yeah, I know. I was just kidding (thus the big cheesy grin smiley face), but mashnut had a great idea. I wonder how that would work with the rotation of the disc?, interesting idea.

A swivel (for fishing line) would be a start to keep the string from getting twisted. Who is going to try to rig up something first?!

Back to the topic, Old Settler's Park in Round Rock, TX- hole #16 (check out the pic) you throw from the top of the dam out over the lake. It sure is fun to throw from an elevated tee box for some reason!!! Wish I had my disc on a string there to get it back from the lake!

I wonder if you could just put a hole in the middle of the disc that's large enough to let the string rotate, and just knot it on the other side. That way, it shouldn't affect the rotation. The weight of the string as it uncoils might be a problem though.

When are those A-holes at Mythbusters going to answer our DG queries instead of doing lame shark week episodes all the time?

#1. Outside of a Hospital Emergency Room- My wife was at the Emergency room having some test run, and I couldn't do anything but wait for the test results, so to blow off some steam, and ease my tension, I went to the car, and by the parking lot, there is a nice grassy area with some trees. I made up a nice object course and worked on my approaches and putting. It really helped me to relax. My wife ended up being OK by the way.

#2.Outside of a Hotel I took my wife to her job at a Holiday Inn Express Hotel to get her check, and she decided to talk to her friends. I took some putters I had in the trunk and went to the front of the property where they have some trees, and worked on my putting.

#3. In front of the U.S. Post Office at 3am. I deliver stuff at night to a place that is right next to the Post Office. They have a really nice piece of property there, that is about the size of a football field, with tall lights leading up the driveway for the outside mail boxes.
I wanted to take a break from truck driving, so I had some discs with me, since I pass a disc golf course at night, and I sometimes stop and play there. I used the parking lot lights as targets, as well as a utility pole, and worked on my approach game.

When are those A-holes at Mythbusters going to answer our DG queries instead of doing lame shark week episodes all the time?

don't forget time warp, still waiting on a super slow-mo from those guys too!

This reminded me of the mallrats statement, so my answer is.....

You mean like the back of a Volkswagen?

Someone beat me to the hotel theme... but I have to mention this anyway. Any time that I'm on business out of town I try to get in a few rounds if the days aren't too long and the courses aren't too far away. The closest course to one hotel in Milford, MA was about 40 minutes away from the hotel I was in. And dinner took FOREVER!!!! So I only had about an hour of daylight. Well, it was a big hotel, with a lot of vacancies, and a very empty parking lot. I didn't have a Skillshot with me (which in retrospect was a bad idea), but was able to have two decent shots into a grassy area.

Here's a pic. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge. It's a lot easier to see that way.

milford hotel.jpg

I never leave home without my bag. I have thrown behind a gas station while waiting to meet someone, at church when my wife is having a gab fest, at the YMCA playground, high school football field, Soccer fields, farm fields (just lost my best putter in the wheat while working on my annie), and any other place I can find.

The nearest course is 42 miles from home. So anyplace that my imagination can see a place to throw is a go! I still make the course at Newport News about 3 times a week. I cannot help it I'm addicted. Have portable basket will travel.

The coolest though was the top of the ski slope at Campgaw. You have got to play that course to believe it.

Before anyone says anything about getting one closer I am working on it. The local officials have been somewhat reticent to oblige. But have no fear I will persevere.