• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cops at the Course?

bogies are free said:
the_lung said:
Hey bigs, ever hear about the undercover ranger at Tyler asking people to smoke him up? :evil:
isn't that entrapment?
Depends on who's asking. They passed a law (I'm not sure when) that allows ATF (I think, again I'm not sure of which agency/ies) to ask, smoke, and then arrest you, none of which would be entrapment. A friend of a friend was busted at a local street festival because some random guy approached him and asked him if he wanted to smoke some bud. Well, that's what I was told, anyway.

the_lung said:
Hey bigs, ever hear about the undercover ranger at Tyler asking people to smoke him up? :evil:

Can't say I've heard of this. I've heard of rangers wearing camoflauge and hanging out in the woods, but not at Tyler.

mr. smooth, i used to play easterlin all the time. a fun little pitch and put course, and besides homosexuals who were hiding out there the homeless were living all over the course. i grew up over there and when i was a kid a little girl was raped and murdered in that park by a homeless man.

the dg course has been great for the park and everytime i go back home and play it it is in better shape than before. could you be talking about bob the guy who sells discs out of his van out there?

disc_golfing_fool said:
the_lung said:

is this recent, jeff?

No, this was at least 7-8 years ago.

I heard a report that a guy with a lid catches up with somebody's group at Tyler and starts acting shady, asks them if they "got any" and all that. Well their bullshit detectors were going off like crazy and they turned the guy away but they apparently found out later it was an undercover ranger who had made some arrests.

bigs348 said:
Can't say I've heard of this. I've heard of rangers wearing camoflauge and hanging out in the woods, but not at Tyler.

This was 100% confirmed true from multiple reputable sources at Lums Pond in Delaware several years ago. Park rangers were decked out in camoflauge and hid near the more secluded teepads in the woods for unsuspecting disc golfers to light up a doobie, at which point they swooped out and arrested them.

Perhaps I'm biased but that just seems to be a waste of time, manpower, and resources. It's one thing when a course is overrun by prostitutes, drug dealers, and people looking to catch a thrill in the parking lot/bathroom/whatever, but to actively sit and wait for people to spark up a joint...even I've got better use of my time.

Drew said:
mr. smooth, i used to play easterlin all the time. a fun little pitch and put course, and besides homosexuals who were hiding out there the homeless were living all over the course. i grew up over there and when i was a kid a little girl was raped and murdered in that park by a homeless man.

the dg course has been great for the park and everytime i go back home and play it it is in better shape than before. could you be talking about bob the guy who sells discs out of his van out there?

Oh, Bwana Bob. No, not him! I once pulled into the parking lot by the bathroom at hole 18 and surprised 2 guys in a car. One of the guys was 'bobbing' his head. I think I interrupted the happy ending. They started the car and left pretty quickly!
I am moving back to Hallandale in June. It's going to be good to see Bwana, Deano, Drew and Joe Joseph and all the Tradewinds guys again. I could've met you there possibly. I've been back in Cal. for 2 years now.
Anyways, I wish more cops would realize the good things the golfers do for the parks instead of focusing on the few who use golf as an excuse to get loaded.

i didnt think you could have been to talking bwana, last time i played there i had a homeless guy follow my friends and i for a couple holes, but im a fairly large guy and my friends def. bigger, so we were probably not an ideal target.

smooth, i live in ft. myers now, but there are some good courses in the area (admidetly north of me) on the west coast here. if you end up coming this way for some new courses let me, id love to get a few rounds in.

That sounds cool! I haven't gotten to play any of the Gulf coast courses yet. Some weekend road trips are definately going to happen.

Normally at the course I play at there are cops just kinda chillin in their car. I have never seen one on the course trying to catch people lighting up though.
We will have to see now that it is getting warmer out if those damn pigs are trying to bust people.

The course in Raleigh mentioned, was probably Kentwood. I've seen cops there before. They will bust you for 3 things: Dogs off leashes, smoking dope, alcohol.

They will bust you for 3 things: Dogs off leashes, smoking dope, alcohol.

What else is there to do in a park? :twisted:

BHW said:
The course in Raleigh mentioned, was probably Kentwood. I've seen cops there before. They will bust you for 3 things: Dogs off leashes, smoking dope, alcohol.
Aye, twas Kentwood. My biggest concern at the time was that my registration had gone out a few days before. I didn't realize that till I was already on my road trip. :oops:

Still, they didn't give us any hassle so I had no problem with them.

Yeah, we have alot of cops and police stings at my home course and probably the best Course in Tennessee, Cedar Hill Park !!! Its so ashame because it is such a great course. But when you enter the Park the first thing you notice is alot of single guys just hanging out in the car and looking around. There is a huge homosexual activity problem here. And Nashville PD has put surveillance cameras up and does police stings every few months to jail these perverts.

I remember, a year ago I was at the Hole 17 and threw disc in woods. I went to retrieve and saw some movement in corner of my eye. I looked over and a guy was hurriedly pulling up his pants in back of another guy. Needless to say I hightailed it out of there. I yelled at them to get a hotel.

Its sad this stuff has to happen in our parks :cry:

We had a guy get a $110 ticket for being in one of our parks after dark.

Latest posts