• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

Distance is weird. I threw ~470' recently with a 168g Sockibot on a high flex line in perfect mild wind (8-10 mph tail left to right), but I've also thrown a TL3 on a hyzerflip golf line 360' that came to rest on a 10' tall hill, probably had 60-80' left, and thrown that same disc 400' on a decently uphill hole.

Corvettes however have been my most consistent max distance hyzerflip disc. I don't bag one because the few holes I might want absolute max distance on I would only reach for it in the right wind, and when the wind is good my flippy wraith(s)/destroyer do just as well.

I'll be throwing one at AM Worlds this year for the distance contest, so I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

UPDATE: Did the distance contest. We had a very mild wind, maybe around 5-10 mph but perfect direction for distance RHBH. We were throwing from grass and there was a slight slope right at the teeing area, but overall the place was pretty darn flat.

Apparently they put up signs the day before and then moved the tee back a little the day of, so the signs were like 20' off.

I had picked out 4 of the discs I wanted to throw with this wind; a 158g *Wraith, a 155g pop top *Vulcan and 2x 168g pop top *Bosses. I was thinking about maybe throwing another Wraith for my final shot, but hadn't decided.

I put out some bombs on my 5 allotted practice throws but when it came to the measured drives I was keeping the discs too low and sometimes overturning them, the best I had was maybe high 300s after the 4 discs I knew I wanted. Desperate for distance I threw away my Wraith and went back to my bag to get the 175g G* Corvette.

I put it on a slight any, got it a touch lower than I wanted but the weight and stability held it pretty flat and allowed it to flex out beautifully. I hit the 400' sign in the air, which probably took a few feet off, but I still ended with 428', which gave me the overall win in my division by 59'.

I picked up a G-Star at 169g for grins. I think the Pro plastic is the bombiest, and the Star is super close. The G-star reminds me a lot of my G-star Shrykes.

I picked up a G-Star at 169g for grins. I think the Pro plastic is the bombiest, and the Star is super close. The G-star reminds me a lot of my G-star Shrykes.

It'll probably smash. I have a domey 170g G* Corvette that is simply perfect. A hair flippy, but It's as long as any disc I own.

Been throwing my G* Corvette and I-Blend Pharaohs more than my Terns lately. Both are just so long. Done with Shrykes.

So Corvette>Shryke>Tern?

For me, there's really not a lot of difference in max distance. But, I just like the Pharaoh version of the Shryke better than the Shryke. Under the right conditions, my 158 EchoStar Tern is my longest disc. I don't throw Corvettes long unless there's a very slight head wind. Since I do not throw 400', Corvettes only work for me 8nto the wind. My oldest G* is seasoning though, so it may become a neutral wind driver soon.

I'm into Star and Pro Corvette. Sometimes it seems like I get slightly more distance. Still love my Shrykes, I know them so well, but they becoming more of a tailwind only disc. The G* Corvette is fine, but not my pref.

Love the disc, hate the name, but its become my go to golf line max d driver. Stars flying with a little turn and good fade. Cg flying more like 0, 2.5. The stars i bought seasoned so they might be a little flipper. I have a new Gstar which will -1 turn when I catch it right, but fades 2.5. It seems to be a more stable Gstar vs reports. Any way, the seasoned star, gstar and cg have me covered for variants. Unseated halo shrykes for this spot in my bag. Seems to slot in between a balllista and ballista pro for me.

So, that G* that I didn't like is now my BH max D. First time I've thrown flat grass 500' (498 lol, c'mon gimme it) on a low disc golf line in the field about 3 days ago. The stars and pro are also outstanding. I'm reaching for the G* lol.

Oh, also the first time I C2 overthrew the local 435' par 3 that is maybe the hardest birdie. Y'all know what I mean. That hole that's unreachable, total bonus birdie. Then you C2 overthrow it.

This is the mold right now, imo. Shryke is still baller af, but less HW reliable imo.

So, that G* that I didn't like is now my BH max D. First time I've thrown flat grass 500' (498 lol, c'mon gimme it) on a low disc golf line in the field about 3 days ago. The stars and pro are also outstanding. I'm reaching for the G* lol.

Oh, also the first time I C2 overthrew the local 435' par 3 that is maybe the hardest birdie. Y'all know what I mean. That hole that's unreachable, total bonus birdie. Then you C2 overthrow it.

This is the mold right now, imo. Shryke is still baller af, but less HW reliable imo.

The G* Corvette is still the consistently longest disc I've ever thrown. Massive distance potential. I haven't been throwing a ton lately, but today I went to the field with a few drivers. G* Corvette outpaced everything else I had, and it wasn't even close. Head to head against a star Shryke the G* Corvette was 30' longer on almost every shot.

I get the exact flight numbers out of G* Corvettes, and I've thrown several of them. 14, 6, -2, 2. I feel like this disc takes power a little better than Shrykes, glides more, and is simply faster.

The G* Corvette will beat everything I put it up against. Stuff like a Relativity, King, Sheriff, etc. IMO it's the best sheer distance bomber on the market right now.

I bought a pair of Gstars yesterday on the recommendation of the local shop guy who claimed that they had "magic properties". I usually shy away from Gstar, and throw an all Star bag. He was VERY insistent on the Gstar, and he's never steered me wrong lol. I've never thrown a disc as far as this one. My new distance driver for sure. It's very surprising how easily it throws for a 14 speed.

the local shop guy who claimed that they had "magic properties"

It's Innova's dark side. They perform a ritual sacrifice of a sparrow for each GStar Corvette. These dark arts account for the extra 50' or so.

My sparrow was named "Scree-foo" as best as I can translate it from the original sparrow-ese. He visits me in dreams.

At least I think they are dreams.

Sometimes it's better not to know how the sausage is made.

I lost one of my G* Corvettes about a year and a half ago on an ill conceived forehand in snowy conditions.

Well I got it back yesterday, max weight and domey, doesn't look like whoever found it threw it, so it's still relatively new-ish with just a couple of months of use.

I haven't really thrown G* Corvettes for a while, I tried Stars out a bit and then mostly moved on to Bosses and Nukes for that added stability. But I took it out to the field yesterday and this thing BOMBS.

3rd throw with it I threw it into maybe a 10 mph headwind on a fairly steep hyzerflip line, it stood up, rode to the right and came back in the end. 440' into headwind on a pretty tight line. Replacing my flippiest boss with it, for now.

Latest posts