• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cory Murrell leaving CCDG, going solo

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
He'll be working with the PDGA for NT's, doing player-focused stuff.

He's a decent commentator. I'm not a fan of the other guy that commentates on CCDG so I won't be watching their videos anymore.

Not a fan of Ian? For reals?

It's cool what Cory has accomplished, he's done a lot of legwork going to events, filming, etc. Happy for him for sure. Best of luck.

But Ian is CCDG. Honestly if there was one person in the pro scene I could play a round with it would be Ian.

Now let's watch some disc golf.

He's really too good out on the course getting info from players to keep editing video IMHO. One way to get better is to keep working, and all those Cory critics may likely end up eating those words.
Recall how hard it was to watch Jamie back when SpinTV started? He's among the best now because he kept at it. Cory def has the a similar drive to make things happen in DG media, and I think he provides great insight for an am player, second only to Sexton.

However it starts/ends, I'm happy to see people making the effort to EXPAND FREE DISC GOLF COVERAGE!

There is no way CCDG will beat Jomez in a Battle Royale now.

Wanted:

Media Partner with experience filming outdoor sports events, providing commentary and editing. Experience with Adobe editing tools a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with 400'+ backhand and 90%+ C1 putting. Exciting travel opportunities and media exposure await you.

Diluted maybe. Too many people throwing. But I would still watch a pro against his home town/old club with back story on all the folks that schooled him before he was schooling all them.

Sorry I was referring more towards the Chump superhero angle of Johnny Football coming to save the day then the entire premise of Pro champions taking on regular am disc golfers.

When the dude is rated 980 Pro, he really is no longer a Chump per say.