• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course recommendations: OH, KY, TN, GA, SC, NC

If you get to GA, Heritage Park in Dalton is good, fairy shirt. If your getting closer to Atlanta, Dupree Park is a or 2 that's a lot of fun, and the Silver course at Oregon Park is fun for newer players.

This is not a quick spin. I also have never heard anyone say their round was "fun". Neither is Lincoln Ridge even though it's probably the most fun course in the city.

I'm guessing the OP is coming down/up 75. That brings Dayton into the equation.

Belmont and Englewood in the Dayton area would be worth a look.
In Cincinnati, I would look at Monroe Community Park (not a big fan, but it's a fairly quick 24 holes in mostly woods) and Mason Sports Park (total hidden gem being a nine holer). A little out of the way, Woodland Mound may also be worth a spin.
In Northern KY (generally considered part of Greater Cincinnati), South Fork is a fun, new 9 holer. Boone Woods is another option, but it's pretty dull.

Maybe not quick, but OP said they wanted a good experience and Idlewild, from what I have seen/heard, is one of the best/hardest courses in the country. I know it's a course I'd make time to play if I was in the area, but I love long wooded courses.

If you make it to Lexington, KY we four 18 hole courses and one 90. Jacobson Park would be the first I'd recommend. Wooded and tree lined as we'll as wide open holes. Veterans Parks would be 2nd, Shilito and Shady Brook tied for third and River Hill is a nice little 9 holer. Plus there are other courses within a half hour drive.

Maybe not quick, but OP said they wanted a good experience and Idlewild, from what I have seen/heard, is one of the best/hardest courses in the country. I know it's a course I'd make time to play if I was in the area, but I love long wooded courses.

3rd hardest course I have played, even with 'ropes' up. The course is more long than hard. Greens are tough though.

It's not a fun course to play. The jets taking off from Cincinnati Airport are so low that I literally had to plug my ears with my fingers every time one flew over.

That would be one horrid place to live, and due to the airport, a course I never plan on playing again.

I can't remember the name, but the course that the 'nati pro shop is on is prettier, easier to walk and has a lack of jets.

Brutal, help here?

Last edited:
For the OP, however, I would not consider Mt. Airy a quick 3 disc type of course. It is easy to navigate but still has some teeth and it's spread out. Sounds like he is looking for some shorter par 3 courses.

For the OP, however, I would not consider Mt. Airy a quick 3 disc type of course. It is easy to navigate but still has some teeth and it's spread out. Sounds like he is looking for some shorter par 3 courses.

You are right, it is pretty spread out. I wasn't thinking about that. It's been 2 and a half years since I was there.

3rd hardest course I have played, even with 'ropes' up. The course is more long than hard. Greens are tough though.

It's not a fun course to play. The jets taking off from Cincinnati Airport are so low that I literally had to plug my ears with my fingers every time one flew over.

That would be one horrid place to live, and due to the airport, a course I never plan on playing again.

I can't remember the name, but the course that the 'nati pro shop is on is prettier, easier to walk and has a lack of jets.

Brutal, help here?

Wow -- why did you type "literally"?

Um -- how many times have you played Idlewild?

Mt. Airy isn't prettier, it's just as pretty and it isn't easier to walk since the elevation changes/footing is the same .. .. jets, well, sorry I took the bait.

This is not a quick spin. I also have never heard anyone say their round was "fun". Neither is Lincoln Ridge even though it's probably the most fun course in the city.

I'm guessing the OP is coming down/up 75. That brings Dayton into the equation.

Belmont and Englewood in the Dayton area would be worth a look.
In Cincinnati, I would look at Monroe Community Park (not a big fan, but it's a fairly quick 24 holes in mostly woods) and Mason Sports Park (total hidden gem being a nine holer). A little out of the way, Woodland Mound may also be worth a spin.
In Northern KY (generally considered part of Greater Cincinnati), South Fork is a fun, new 9 holer. Boone Woods is another option, but it's pretty dull.

All of the rounds that I've played at Idlewild were fun.

All of the rounds that I've played at Lincoln Ridge were fun.

Wow -- why did you type "literally"?

Um -- how many times have you played Idlewild?

Mt. Airy isn't prettier, it's just as pretty and it isn't easier to walk since the elevation changes/footing is the same .. .. jets, well, sorry I took the bait.

Once and never again. I hate noise. Living near a large airport would drive me batty.

Beauty, the eye, and all that.

All of the rounds that I've played at Idlewild were fun.

All of the rounds that I've played at Lincoln Ridge were fun.

I was saying Lincoln Ridge isn't a quick spin, not that it wasn't fun. In fact I mentioned that it's probably the most fun course in the area. It just can be a long round. It's a shame because it's hard to leave the course without a smile on your face.

I almost never not have fun on a disc golf course. Idlewild, Toboggan, and sh1tty 9-holers included.

Latest posts