• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Review Format

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys,

I'm trying to add hole by hole course reviews to my youtube channel and have attempted my first one. Overall, I'm not unhappy with how it turned out but I wanted some feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5EvWKygr0&feature=youtu.be

Things I would change;

I got a little repetitive with phrases like, "on this next hole" or "on this one" and a few others that need to be varied a bit more.

The lighting was getting bad, so Ill try to film earlier.

Cut some of the portions where I was walking on uneven ground, they were a little blair witchy.

Give a little more time at the beginning and end to address the course a whole a little more.

Thanks for your hopefully constructive feedback!

personally, id rather see someone throw the shot, or even a bad shot, than just hear someone talking about it. that way you can say what you should do, then explain why your shot was good or bad based on that

personally, id rather see someone throw the shot, or even a bad shot, than just hear someone talking about it. that way you can say what you should do, then explain why your shot was good or bad based on that

Trying to figure that out, I don't have another person helping shoot right now and the tripod I tried was too low. Think your right though.

Perhaps stop at the tee pad for few more seconds to give the viewer a chance to do their own evaluation of how they might attack the hole. Maybe a quick shot of the tee sign or telling us the distance. Some holes you just described as "kind of short", but it is hard to tell the distance.

Nice work though, fun to watch.

Always love to see people doing stuff like this! Nice work!

My (personal) thoughts, 100% constructive:

- Add chapter markers for each hole so people can skip to the hole they want to see.
- Shorten overall length of video to under 5 minutes. Hit highlights of each hole and speed up video going down fairways etc.
- Don't describe what can be seen in video (e.g. bank on left), only describe in relation to severity or if it should be avoided or HAS to be avoided type thing. Hit the high points only.
- Don't be afraid to spend 15 seconds on a hole if it's extremely straightforward.
- Incorporate graphics showing details on the hole you're reviewing if you have that ability.

Man this Boston Dynamics Drone footage is awesome. Takes drone footage to a whole new level.

Latest posts