• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses along I-94

The Bezemoth

I'm driving from Chicago to N Detroit tomorrow, and have time to play about 36 holes. Much as I'd love to play Flip City, it's a little too far out of the way, so it'll have to be another time.

What don't-miss courses will I be driving by?

Thanks, guys.

Cold Brook Park in Climax, MI is worth a stop. I haven't played the Belle Isle course outside of Detroit yet, but I've heard good things. I hate to recommend something I've never played, but you're gonna be right there.

The two courses at Hudson Mills near Ann Arbor would be conveniently in the same park and leave you most of the way to your final destination. They are 24-hole courses but the 18 hole circuits are fine as well. It would be somewhat pricey by DG standards, $5 I think to enter the park plus $2 for the golf pass if that's a consideration. The only caveat I'd add is that they've been slacking on the grass mowing recently (budget woes) so the courses are a bit shaggy.

There are plenty of options along 94 though, enjoy the trip.

Joe

Victory Park in Albion is a few miles off I-94. It was one of the courses in the 2008 Pro-Am Worlds.

I drove to Detroit last month and played Vicksburg Rec Area and Cold Brook Park in the Kalamazoo area as my break from driving. Both are nice courses that I believe will be used for Am Worlds next year. Cold Brook is 24 holes, but the last six holes are on a separate loop so you can easily cut out after 18 if you run short of time. FYI, Cold Brook is P2P ($5 per car to get into park), and Vicksburg has a donation box ... throw in a few bucks to help pay for some tee signs.

Bonnie Brook is a few miles off I94, just opened and is getting lots of love. (I have not played it).

Albion if its a nice calm day. With all the water, it isn't much fun if its windy. Oshtemo from the long tees is always fun though.