• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses with camping

thirstydisc

I have been choosing tournaments with RV camping. Please post course/tournaments with on site camping, and note if RV hook-ups are available. Here is a start.
Bill Frederick Park, Orlando, full hookups
Warriors Path, Kingsport, TN, full hookups
Panther Creek, Morristown, TN, full hookups
Clover Park, Clover, SC, full hookups
Codorus St Park, PA, full hookups

All 3 IDGC courses are in Wildwood Park, Appling GA, and they have full RV hookups.

Maggie, in Live Oak, FL

isnt there a "camping nearby" feature on the search menu

or is that not enough for you

This function is useless for a traveling player... it has no useful meaning. It doesn't let me know where, or what type of camping is available. "Camping on site" might be a useful function..

This has been a frustrating point of mine for years..

We have tournament camping at Stoney Hill, and half the field will be here. No full hookups, but if you set up near the house, you might get to run an electric line.

(Outside of tournaments, we've done it a few times for travelers)

Courses at state parks tend to have camping -- though sometimes, it's not real close to the course itself. Long ago I played 2 courses in Mobile, AL, in parks that had camping right next to the course, quite convenient.

For the OP, Ashe County (NC) has tournament camping, though I don't think there are hookups. Right on the course.

Mississenewa, Miami State Recreation Area, near Peru, IN.
Most sites Electric, some full hookups I believe.

The Lodge in Pawhuska, OK has Rv hookups and camping onsite.

Idk about tournaments but Bootlegger's Cave in Tylersport, PA is on/directly next to an RV campsite. Course photos and information aren't quite up to date there's two baskets on every hole now (gold and shorter homemade tire/chains baskets). Not super long but quite technical and rocky. Tons of fun and about 45 minutes from me.

100% worth the trip if you're in the area.

Highbridge has camping, so does Flip City. Around me there are a few state parks and recreation areas. Most private course have the potential for camping, I imagine it would depend on your interaction with the host. Is you goal here to come up with a comprehensive list? This is all kind of random. I would think reaching out in regards to a certain area might return more useful results.

I could not tell you about RV hookups....I camp in a tent. The only hookup I need is ground.

Highbridge has camping, so does Flip City. Around me there are a few state parks and recreation areas. Most private course have the potential for camping, I imagine it would depend on your interaction with the host. Is you goal here to come up with a comprehensive list? This is all kind of random. I would think reaching out in regards to a certain area might return more useful results.

I could not tell you about RV hookups....I camp in a tent. The only hookup I need is ground.

Any more, I need a cot, but mostly this ^

Also, Rollin' Ridge, no hookups AFAIK

Highbridge has rustic camping with several port-o-johns and water access onsite. Shower building in the plans for this year.

Wildcat Bluff in Urbana, Iowa has a campground with electrical hookups, but no water connection. We camp here in the middle of November every year for the huge Triples tournament. There are several other tourneys here too.

Unless someone copies all these courses into a single post (VIP style), it will become pretty useless.

If you fast forward... it'll become a bunch of posts about courses that have various levels of camping accommodations, spread out across several pages of the thread, with no way to find what you're looking for.
:\

I agree the icon is useless. Highbridge is my favorite but here are some other ones that I frequent that haven't been mentioned that are in the Midwest.

Lake Pittsfield DCG, Pittsfield, IL
Wildlife Prairie Park, Hanna City, IL
Honey Bear Hollow, Peru, IN
Wilderness Campground, Montello, WI
Justin Trails, Sparta, WI
Whiskey Hills, MI
Mason County Park, Ludington, MI

Latest posts