• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses with strange baskets?

ChrisMacG

Bogey Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I came across this photo the other day and I thought it was pretty strange.

Anyone know the location of this course:
100_0753.JPG

I've never seen a basket like this before.

What other courses have strange baskets? Post pics too.

Almost looks as if it was designed to be entered by a disc in only a certain direction.

Heck I've seen old, new, ones missing chains, spray painted, vandalized. But never like that.

That basket was invented by Dr. Fred in Washington. His Lake Stevens course was just reviewed by someone today. The non-directional versions of those baskets can be found on several ball golf/disc golf combo courses installed by Fly 18, makers of the rubber mats.

These aren't really weird, or particularly cool, but they're not standard.

Jumonville Glenn's home-made baskets. Chains are a little narrow. The plywood base makes for bad skip-outs if you hit the base & not the chains. The landscaping edging rim is pretty short.

But, hey, it caught my Aviar ok! :D And it's a church camp. So having any chains at all is a cool thing!

Jumonville Glenn DGC 1c.jpg

Here's a Fly 18 Basket taken from their site. I haven't played one of their courses yet but there's one across from Idylwilde (sp?) Park in PA. I hope to make it there this Fall.

fly18 disc golf basket.jpg

100_0753.JPG

Thats the Lake Stevens course near my house. Its a cool little course, but the baskets make it pretty tough. I like to think I'm good at making crazy putts from weird places, but those baskets are designed to punish any approach thats from an unconventional spot. Overdrive the 150' hole? Too bad! The rear openings of the basket are blocked. It basically makes it a practice course.

That basket was invented by Dr. Fred in Washington. His Lake Stevens course was just reviewed by someone today. The non-directional versions of those baskets can be found on several ball golf/disc golf combo courses installed by Fly 18, makers of the rubber mats.

Here is some more info on that basket:
link

The info is pretty old, but it tells us more about that funny basket

i didnt see it on the apporved list, do you know if it is?

based on the information found at this link:
Here is some more info on that basket:
link

The info is pretty old, but it tells us more about that funny basket

It looks like it they are on the approved list in the Standard category under
Park Series - Designer Pro by Catching Targ.

Here's another version of the one way target. At Sedro Wooley, WA.

picture.php

In response to my last post...

Attachments

• user414_pic1048_1236898429.jpg
    user414_pic1048_1236898429.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 171

100_0753.JPG

Man look at the legs on that redhead!:D

The Fly 18 baskets are pretty cool, but the others scare the pee pee out me. :( Especially the one posted by maniac.

NOOOO! NOT MY BEST PUTTER!:eek:

Those are some bad ass baskets. I wish Kingwood could have done something like that.

Latest posts