• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID-19 Course Closures

AJ Jolly Park here in Northern Ky. has bags over the baskets as of today. Poor guy drove all the way across the tri-state from Indiana just to find out.

A.J. Jolly in Ky south of Cincy put bags over the tee signs and baskets.

How did I miss your post? Lol.

It's been a long week with two young school age kids in the house while I also try to work here.

City of Chattanooga closes city parks and these courses:

The Sinks
Shepherd Recreation Center
Carver Recreation Center
Portland Park
9 On Top

Statuses updated on DGCR.

Some of the best courses in Ohio are in State Parks, but please be aware that although the parks are open, the restrooms are not. My wife tagged along today, and she had an awful time finding any public restroom facility open. A lot of gas stations are posting "Out of Order" signs on their facilities, rather that have to clean them after every customer.

Just another reason to stay close to home.

Some of the best courses in Ohio are in State Parks, but please be aware that although the parks are open, the restrooms are not. My wife tagged along today, and she had an awful time finding any public restroom facility open. A lot of gas stations are posting "Out of Order" signs on their facilities, rather that have to clean them after every customer.

Just another reason to stay close to home.

you just made me feel better about keeping some TP in my disc golf bag at all times. never know when you might need some!

We put up a "Course Closed" sign on hole 1 of one of our local courses. It's closed per the parks department, but they didn't put up a sign or lock the gate.
It lasted less than a day before someone ripped it down and replaced it with their own handmade "Play at Own Risk" sign.

We put up a "Course Closed" sign on hole 1 of one of our local courses. It's closed per the parks department, but they didn't put up a sign or lock the gate.
It lasted less than a day before someone ripped it down and replaced it with their own handmade "Play at Own Risk" sign.

You should do what police departments do when trying to round up dead beats. Tell these losers that only course X is open. When they show up, the cops are there giving warnings or tickets for trespassing or violating stay-at-home orders.

We put up another "course closed" sign inside the display case in the kiosk. The same dude tried to pry open the display case, failed, and then taped a new "play at own risk" sign on the glass door blocking the closed sign.

Durham (NC) county just updated their list of recreation facilities that are closed and specifically listed Disc Golf Courses. FYI

Closed courses

"Course is closed due to COVID-19"

been putting that for every course I know has shut down via a local or from a Cities web site.

Most large Texas cities have now shut down all there courses, San Antonio and several cirounding cities, Oklahoma City, Big Springs, Dallas shut down today, Austin and some surrounding cities.

Here is the deal, people were not practicing social distancing, the cities don't want to police it so it is easier to just shut down the courses. I know of several cities that have stated if social distancing is not practiced, they will pull the course.

The biggest problem is as they pull courses, the others are going to get more play and be more crowded.

The biggest problem is as they pull courses, the others are going to get more play and be more crowded.
^this. And given some of the irresponsible behavior I've witnessed, I'm gonna really try to stay away from the ones that remain open.

For me, that means more solitary walks and kayaking. Easy to stay away from people doing that.

Last week, I walked the entire Toboggan course. Even without a bag, it's a hike when you walk continuously, without stopping every few hundred feet to pick up a disc in ponder your next shot. Parts of that course really are spectacular.

Last edited:

Latest posts