• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID-19 Course Closures

The 3 courses at Anna Page Park plus the course at Ingersoll Park in Rockford, IL are now closed with bags on the basket.

As of April 7th, Hiller Park in Biloxi, MS has pulled all baskets....I've marked course as unplayable.

However, as of April 6th, Brickyard Bayou in Gulfport still has baskets and is open, a friend of mine played there on
the 6th.

Kenton County Parks (Lincoln Ridge/Banklick) posted a warning to follow guide lines or the course will close. That's always one of the most used courses in the area.

Just saw the Columbus Flyers is working with the parks to pull baskets from 4 courses (Hoover, Griggs, Walnut, Sunbury). I assume there will be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I leave work at 3:00, and have usually had the courses to myself on the way home, but now I'm seeing much more traffic in the parks and it's not just DG players.

I've played my last course until this is over...time to hit the open fields.

I played a course a couple weeks ago at a school and had the place to myself. It was in the early up-ramp of Maine's cases (so far). As stated in my review I was only there b/c I had a "quarantine-be-damned" reason to go near it and found it on the map b/c it's a habit now to check it. There are only two courses w/in an hour of where I live (pre-pandemic) so the chance to play a new course was something (at that time) I wasn't going to pass up.

All of that said - even if I still lived in DG mecca's like Mobile AL or around Denver, I'd steer clear of any course at this point. Get yourself a laundry basket and a stool and practice at home. If you get the itch and go to a course, I guess play it if you KNOW that you're the only one there but otherwise, PRACTICE YOUR PUTTING!!! That's the worst part of my game, personally, so if you're like me, why not fill that gap in your game? We'll all have to get the rust off while driving, but our short games should be ON ****ING PAR when this is all over.

There's my 2¢

My course in Pinson AL they have removed the baskets

I am pissed. I've played for years by myself and rarely get within 10 feet of anyone else.

As of a week ago, the CDC said we could exercise. Now we can't?

I am probably going to throw without the baskets and dare a cop to bother me. Its either that or just throw somewhere else.

I play because its less boring than walking around a neighborhood. Not for socializing.

I have updated southeast Florida to include all courses in Palm Beach and Martin counties. That means everywhere from Port St.Lucie to Homestead on the Atlantic coast is all closed.

The good news here is that almost all of these courses are county park, and they will probably just leave the baskets in with security patrolling the park perimeters. People here are staying home and hopefully this will come to pass shortly.

I am pissed. I've played for years by myself and rarely get within 10 feet of anyone else.

I am probably going to throw without the baskets and dare a cop to bother me. Its either that or just throw somewhere else.

I play because its less boring than walking around a neighborhood. Not for socializing.

Sacrifice is hard for everyone. Safe to assume most on this site would very much like to be playing disc golf. Things like GLOBAL PANDEMICS, sometimes require some simple sacrifices to ensure to safety of our loved ones and mankind in general. Stay the $##% at home.

But the CDC says 6 feet is fine. The point is the paranoid & scared of getting sued cities are going overboard for no valid reason. Unless we are going to contract the disease from the baskets touching our discs. That seems unlikely.

Sacrifice is hard for everyone. Safe to assume most on this site would very much like to be playing disc golf. Things like GLOBAL PANDEMICS, sometimes require some simple sacrifices to ensure to safety of our loved ones and mankind in general. Stay the $##% at home.

But the CDC says 6 feet is fine. The point is the paranoid & scared of getting sued cities are going overboard for no valid reason. Unless we are going to contract the disease from the baskets touching our discs. That seems unlikely.

You have no idea what the risk of contracting the disease is from baskets and far more importantly....

It is not all about you. :wall::wall:

Stay the $%@& at home.

Use some common sense and just try to imagine it is the life of your most loved one, that the rest of us are trying to save.

There's plenty of ways to exercise without playing disc golf. And I wouldn't be worried about a cop bothering me as much as I would be worried about upsetting the wrong person and getting the course pulled.

You have no idea what the risk of contracting the disease is from baskets and far more importantly....

It is not all about you. :wall::wall:

Stay the $%@& at home.

Use some common sense and just try to imagine it is the life of your most loved one, that the rest of us are trying to save.

So you want me to ignore the CDC and listen to you because you know better than them?
BS.

There's plenty of ways to exercise without playing disc golf. And I wouldn't be worried about a cop bothering me as much as I would be worried about upsetting the wrong person and getting the course pulled.

For me, 15 minutes of walking is more boring than 30 minutes of DG. I may call 2 nearby cities and see if theirs are down. I know the walking track near one was open as of a few days ago. But both of them are hard to figure out Im told.

I don't see any chance of the course being pulled.

Did the CDC say 6 feet is safe, or say that if you must be out of your house, 6 feet is better than less?

I'm sure the CDC has taken its time to address every situation, including disc golf, and not mentioning us was an slip-up. Luckily, other agencies have stepped in with more detailed instructions (including the agencies that govern parks).

They can't enforce 6' restrictions. Or the distinction between solo play and groups of 3 and groups of 11. It's just impractical, with finite resources. The only way to stop those risky behaviors, is to close the course to everyone. So whether you can play solo at low risk, doesn't matter a bit.

Latest posts