• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

I have two early run field tested big z cranks. Pink upper 160s and near mint condition. Pm me if interested.

The crank is totally different than the nuke. Crank flew fast and straight with a slight late turn when I threw it flat. I threw it in z plastic maybe 173g. The nuke was around 174?g and it was more os than the crank when thrown flat, but I could get a flex line out of it once its z plastic beat in. Both really awesome discs, but totally different flights. I would throw both in a round for different shots. I dont bag either now, but they are my top 3 discraft drivers. The force is somewhere in that mix. Cant go wrong with a crank and a nuke, they have both gotten me some tasty birdies, but I think they are different discs completely. I think the nuke ss is probly the route to go for a seasoned nuke off the shelf, but once it is seasoned what does it become?

The crank is totally different than the nuke. Crank flew fast and straight with a slight late turn when I threw it flat. I threw it in z plastic maybe 173g. The nuke was around 174?g and it was more os than the crank when thrown flat, but I could get a flex line out of it once its z plastic beat in. Both really awesome discs, but totally different flights. I would throw both in a round for different shots. I dont bag either now, but they are my top 3 discraft drivers. The force is somewhere in that mix. Cant go wrong with a crank and a nuke, they have both gotten me some tasty birdies, but I think they are different discs completely. I think the nuke ss is probly the route to go for a seasoned nuke off the shelf, but once it is seasoned what does it become?

How about a Crank SS? I haven't thrown one, although I've thrown the Crank.

The Crank is a sneaky long disc. I've thrown ESP, Z and Big Z. I liked the regular Z best. It had enough stability to handle full strength rips. Nothing remarkable about the flight, but it ends up almost further downrange than you'd think.

The Big Z was noticeably flippy and harder to control.

I will agree that the Nuke has a bit sharper late fade and is an overall more stable driver.

Ppl are sleeping on the Crank. This disc is amazing. Very fast with a comfortable rim. I like the ESP the best. They bomb. The Z are great also for forehand flex shots. Such a great release from discraft. I carry 2 max weight Z for windy days and I have 4 esp at diff stages of wear.

The Crank is a sneaky long disc... it ends up almost further downrange than you'd think.

No kidding!
I threw mine (172 Pro D and 175 Z) for the first time tonight. The D is too understable for me but I consistently hit more than 450' with the Z. I topped out at 500. Several uphill throws went over 400.
I hope these mold up consistently 'cuz I can see this being a go-to for me !

No kidding!
I threw mine (172 Pro D and 175 Z) for the first time tonight. The D is too understable for me but I consistently hit more than 450' with the Z. I topped out at 500. Several uphill throws went over 400.
I hope these mold up consistently 'cuz I can see this being a go-to for me !

I can get to a little over 400ft. So the ESP seems to be a good fit for my distance. They start out pretty stable then beat into bombers. I tried an X crank and didn't like it. I didn't bother with the pro d because I feel that would be too flippy for me as well.

I been trying to get a buddy that can't find a good destroyer to switch to a crank.

I can get to a little over 400ft. So the ESP seems to be a good fit for my distance. They start out pretty stable then beat into bombers. I tried an X crank and didn't like it. I didn't bother with the pro d because I feel that would be too flippy for me as well.

I been trying to get a buddy that can't find a good destroyer to switch to a crank.

What did you not like about the X?
If your buddy likes the LSS of the Destroyer then he probably won't like the Crank... the Cranks I have are much tighter and straighter than any of my Destroyers.

What did you not like about the X?
If your buddy likes the LSS of the Destroyer then he probably won't like the Crank... the Cranks I have are much tighter and straighter than any of my Destroyers.

The X I have is very rigid. It's hard to explain but I don't like the way it flies. I don't feel I'm getting good carry out of it. I think by the time I get it to flip, it will fall out of that sweet spot quickly. I have a few esp I have had for over a year that are still holding the sweet spot.

My buddy likes star destroyers but all the ones he has been getting are really overstable and take forever to get turn and distance for him. By the time they do, he is so paranoid about losing it because it took him 2 yrs to get it to fly right for his throw. In the process of breaking it in he is developing OAT because he has to force it over. He has 400ft power as well and he wants something with a little turn out the box.

The other day I handed him a brand new ESP crank to throw against his beloved Star destroyer and the crank was right next to it without its full flight(little turn,mostly straight).To be able to have a disc fly like that brand new was enlightening to him.

The secret weapon in my bag is my yellow pop-top 156g Z-lite Crank. Incredibly over-stable yet light. Very consistent flight path. Pure gold. So ssssshh don't tell anyone!

Bump.

Who is still throwing Cranks, these days? Are they molding up consistent??

I am looking to maybe jump up my DDs from Enforcer/Trespass to maybe a Defender/Crank to add a little more distance. Cheers!

Bump.

I am looking to maybe jump up my DDs from Enforcer/Trespass to maybe a Defender/Crank to add a little more distance. Cheers!

I just put a z crank and an esp in my bag. I think they're pretty solid. For my arm they're easier to throw and less stable than a defender.

I have been having trouble finding domey cranks so i just stocked up on some early runs.
Other than that, love the crank. Should be more popular imo

I'm shocked the Crank isn't more popular too! Love the disc! I would love to get my hands on a Tim Barham Crank and see how that flies. Anybody have any experience with this disc?

I'm shocked the Crank isn't more popular too! Love the disc! I would love to get my hands on a Tim Barham Crank and see how that flies. Anybody have any experience with this disc?

I have a tour series Z barham. 174g. Its my beefiest Crank (for a crank). It can handle moderate wind and a full forehand torque. If the wind is over 15mph i have to get the force out.

The first run flat Z cranks are as stable as my forces! I'd love to try out the newer swirl esp cranks though to pair with the force.

Bump.

Paired cranks and defenders together for a long time. Gave me the OS and US combo I was looking for in discs. The more i threw this combo, the less i liked it paired with the defender. The punisher really is the better match with the crank, unless you go some pretty flippy defenders.

Latest posts