• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

create-a-course

My friend just got a basket for Christmas, so we (and another buddy) took it out behind the apartments I live in and made up 18 holes on our own. The area is almost tailor made for DG with plenty of trees and throwing lanes. Each of us took turns placing the basket and determining the tee area. It was a lot of fun. We made a variety of holes; some easy and short and some just downright nasty. How many of you guys have done this? I actually played much better because I think I was relaxed and not looking at it as a "real" round. It also seemed like a damn good way to practice instead of just throwing at the local soccer field. Thoughts?

Sounds like fun. Good practice I'm sure. While I don't own a basket I'm sure if I ever get one I'll have to try this.

Great idea! Pure safari golf.

My son bought me a basket in September. My backyard has 30 oak trees and lots of schubs and bushes. I think I will set up an approach and putting course from your idea.

The back wall of my yard is maybe 150- 160' long with the basket sitting in the only open grassy area at one end of the yard.

Ya got me thinking. Thanks for the inspiration!

Woodpecker

Depending on what terrain you have, there is another way to do this without having to move the basket as often. Find a location for the basket that can be shot at from like 3 to 6 different tee spots. That can be your first 3 to 6 holes. If you have a good wooded area, you can probably get 18 holes in with only 3 basket moves. Just a thought.

Depending on what terrain you have, there is another way to do this without having to move the basket as often. Find a location for the basket that can be shot at from like 3 to 6 different tee spots. That can be your first 3 to 6 holes. If you have a good wooded area, you can probably get 18 holes in with only 3 basket moves. Just a thought.

Exactly what I plan to do this year...I have a disc sport basket that I keep permanantly set up, and my travel basket will be here in a few days. I have 5 acres of woods on my land with elevation and trees <and a stream>, so I'm planning on at least 9-10 holes with just a few basket changes.

Great Idea Donovan.

That's the kind of course that would get a 0 disc rating on this site but would be a great course to whoever created it. It just goes to show that even the worst disc golf course can be fun if that's all you've got.

It's called "Urban" golf & it is a blast & much different than a 'course'. In this area we play a lot of it:
Mountain Sports Festival: The final group plays 9 holes set up in downtown Asheville. The police block off traffic so disc golfers can throw. http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/jdubent08/Disc%20Golf%20Pro%20Skins/How cool is that? The Am's play their final 9 in a park with baskets set up on a bicycle velodrome, into a hocky rink, off a pedestrain bridge etc.http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/jdubent08/Disc%20Golf%20Am%20Skins/
Glow rounds at Zinks Linx: A course set up on rolling hills on private land:http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/jdubent08/071708%20Zinks%20Links%20GLO/
Club tag party set up on the ground of a local brewery (with mid round refreshments available:http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/jdubent08/062808%20WNCDGC%20party/

A buddy of mine actually lives on a large piece of property and there are about 18 holes of object DG that his older brother and his friend set up. We hoping to refine them and add a few this summer ... we might even get some posts and make actual object targets rather than tree trunks & telephone poles.

Back in high school (about 3 years ago) i helped my friend Shawn Foster make a nice 18 hole course on his property up in New Castle California talk about tailor made the terrain was made for it it's like god wanted a disc golf course there dude it's sick with it, vary hilly vary wooded i think our longest hole was about 315 ft.

Last edited:
Home Course...

We just bought and moved into a new house about 3 months ago. Part of the reason we bought the place was that the back yard is Utility Easement and was essentially nothing but woods for about a mile straight back. Any way, we moved in, I put my In-Step basket up about 180 feet off the back patio Home Course (you can see the white flag on top of the basket on the far hill) and I just bought an M14 basket that I'm gonna put down on the unused Utility "road"...can't wait to get a 3rd basket!...

It really does seem like a good way to practice. We kept score like it was a real round, but I was so much more relaxed than normal. I did a lot better than usual which seems to prove the theory that the game is 75% mental.

I used to make object courses and actually had one set up several years ago at the elementary school I live next to. it was a fun little course.

We have a small wooded area next to my apartment building. It's about 250 feet long and about 75 feet wide with a pond on the right and lots of trees. I'll be setting my Mach 5 up on one end and throwing at that next spring.

Latest posts