• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my Technique.. Friend Addition

LeBryson James

Double Eagle Member
Here is my friend and he has been playing the same amount as I have, 5 months. He has a problem of turning over everything by his terrible wrist rolling. His hit point is also very bad. Help him out or even better tell me what I can do to teach him an easier and proper way of throwing a drive. His maximum distance is probably 320ft. Thanks guys!

Turn it to 720p for best viewing!!

Last edited:
I believe these might help.

Attachments

• Analyzr Image Export 01.jpg
    Analyzr Image Export 01.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Analyzr Image Export 02.jpg
    Analyzr Image Export 02.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 52
He needs to stop looking at the target. His throw is all arm, he needs to start using his body.

Edit: He should try doing some standstill drives.

Last edited:
^^Yes! I don't really see bad wrist roll, but there's no turning of the hips/shoulders back and no elbow chop with the upper arm against the chest. Get that elbow out forward.

He's frisbee tossing, and not throwing a disc:

Last edited:
pause the video right a 2 seconds. most of his weight is way behind his plant foot, leading to nose up. like roc said, look at his head he never looks away from the target he can never get his hips fully into the throw. i would say start with more head turn then work on getting more weight forward. shortening the last step in the x-step will probably help. one thing at a time. i have tried changing 2-3 things at a time and it doesn't work, one thing at a time.

The most obvious issue I see is that the final foot being way too much to the right relative to the throwing direction. That causes the hips to open up too early, and can cause balance issues and lack of distance. A good rule of thumb is to take the last 4 steps in one line except for the x-step which naturally needs to be the right of the line relative to the throwing direction.

The most obvious issue I see is that the final foot being way too much to the right relative to the throwing direction. That causes the hips to open up too early, and can cause balance issues and lack of distance. A good rule of thumb is to take the last 4 steps in one line except for the x-step which naturally needs to be the right of the line relative to the throwing direction.

Could you elaborate on this? Not to hijack the thread, this is one of my main issues and I'm curious to know more as well!

Could you elaborate on this? Not to hijack the thread, this is one of my main issues and I'm curious to know more as well!

Sure, look at this picture:

x-foot165.gif

It shows a simple 2-step run up, but don't mind the numbers, consider it instead being the last 4 steps, or last 4 foot placements in the run up where you have the throwing direction to the right in the picture. You see that all steps except for the x-step (the little tippy toe one) is in a straight line. This line should be in the same line as you aim your shot in.

So lets say your final foot placement in the run up is not in this line, well that's going to cause balance issues and your hips opening too fast, and too much (if the last foot is placed below the "line" in the picture), or balance issues and your hips not opening enough, nor with much speed (if the last foot is placed above the "line" in the picture).

What if your x-step was also on this line? You'd have serious balance issues since your body would most likely fall forward and it would also cause your hips to rotate too far away from the throwing direction.

So try getting those steps in line, and aim with that very same line and you'll get more accurate and have more control. Hope that helps some :)