• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my throw

LtDan914

Par Member
Here is a video of me doing some field work. I am throwing from a parking lot to a soccer field about 10-15' below me. There was also a slight right to left tail wind at about 5mph or so.

These felt like some decent throws except some of them were a little off line. I feel like I throw a little nose up and with a bit of OAT. This makes it tough for me trying to throw in a headwind.

I normally throw my rocs a little shy of 350', rhynos about 300', and PDs coming close to 400' with all these being on pretty straight lines. The distances on the video are very rough estimates. The far goal is about 450' according to google earth. The slow motion parts are at 1/4 speed in the vid as well.

Any comments on anything that could improve distance, accuracy, or any general comments are welcome.

Balance, posture, footwork, relax. Starting with the feet, your final step is too far to the left side of tee instead of moving forward while being more backward and not clearing the hip. You are trying to load too much on the rear leg to spin your hip around instead of pushing your hips forward once the plant foot lands.

Your balance and posture going to backswing is leaning away from the target, trying to shift your weight. As you go into the backswing your weight is over the outside of the rear foot, keep your weight centered dynamically so it's on the inside of your feet/arches/legs. Your head/back should be closer to the target going into the backswing instead of going/leaning away from the target. This also causes your shoulders to swing back on a different plane. Relax your shoulder/arm going back, let momentum do the work back and into the power zone.

Latest posts