• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Cro Experience

KniceZ

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking for a more stable mid to go with my Buzzz. I'd like to have a similar grip / feel. I was thinking about picking up a Cro. Any experience / advice to share??

Overstable, yes.. feel like a buzz not at all. Solid OS midrange though but would think an MVP vector or a more OS ION even would be a closer buzz match. I replaced my buzz with a lat. 64 core but two very different discs in their feel and flights its all about what feels best and WORKS for you!

Lat64 Pain, MVP Vector if you want something overstable. A wasp if you want something just a touch up in the stability from a buzzz.

Gator doesn't feel like a Buzzz, but is much beefier than a Cro. I'd suggest that over a Cro.
If you want something that feels like a Buzzz you may try a Hornet.

I was thinking about staying with the discraft line. But I thought the Wasp, Hornet and Drone all have a pretty heavy bead. :confused:

The reason why I didn't say Vector or Pain was because I think they feel more like Roc than a Buzzz.

Hornet actually feels kinda like a Buzzz, doesn't have a huge bead and is pretty overstable, but I feel like it flies more like a driver than a mid. It needs speed to fly properly and doesn't power down as well as I feel a real mid should.

you could look in to getting an Evo Warrior, it's been a while since I've held one but I think it's kind of like a Buzzz in the hand.

The reason why I didn't say Vector or Pain was because I think they feel more like Roc than a Buzzz.

Hornet actually feels kinda like a Buzzz, doesn't have a huge bead and is pretty overstable, but I feel like it flies more like a driver than a mid. It needs speed to fly properly and doesn't power down as well as I feel a real mid should.

what he said. :thmbup:

i love everything about the cro, i have a star cro for off the tee and i putt and approach with dx cros. stars are stable- as mentioned smaller diameter means less glide than a buzzz or roc so its all snap

flat champion roc or roc+.

Or maybe I should just get another Buzzz in a heavier weight or different plastic - won't a new 178-180 gram FLX be more stable than a 170 Z?

Last edited:
Okay so I just read in the Buzzz Guide thread that the FLX is less stable than an Elite Z. So maybe a new 175+ g Elite Z would be more overstable match to my 165g FLX.

1st I love my cros. I have three in the bag. Less glide but faster then other mids. If you like the feel of the buzz stay with the buzzz but find a very heavy glo z buzz or a cfr glo buzz. Those would be your best bet. A classic roc feels like a buzz but it is hard to find the Champ ones and they be expensive.

Hornet should do you fine because while I do agree it feels fast for a mid, so does the Buzzz IMO.

I have two Wasps, neither one has any bead, and they "feel" relatively similar to the Buzzz. I've also heard that the Hornet is one of the better options for overstable mid-ranges.

I love my Cro, but I wouldn't go for a Cro if you particularly like the feel of a Buzzz.

Cro is not a bad disc. Get one in Star or get a CFR if you want something even more over stable. Small diameter and no glide, but makes a good approach disc. It doesn't roll, and has a pretty consistent fade.

Warrior is probably a solid choice too. Bikinjack throws a Buzzz and a Warrior combo. Seems to work well for him.

Um, if you're not opposed to the bead, find a wasp. VERY similar feel...since it's a buzzz with a bead. They're cut from the same cloth, only a buzzz is the circumcised version. Wasp has a decent bit more stability as well, Honestly if you have good form and are okay working angles, wasps will do just about anything your overstable mids are going to to.

I have two Wasps, neither one has any bead, and they "feel" relatively similar to the Buzzz. I've also heard that the Hornet is one of the better options for overstable mid-ranges.

I love my Cro, but I wouldn't go for a Cro if you particularly like the feel of a Buzzz.

Did some research. Realized I didn't know what a bead was.

Wasp has a bead, but the feel of the disc is still VERY close to the Buzzz. It doesn't handle low power throws as well as the Cro does, but I think you'd be satisfied with it.

Latest posts