• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crosslap (Story, Information and Giveway) !!

ElementZ

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Hello DGCRers!

Some of you may know my story already, but for those who don't, here's a quick summary. If you don't want to read, you can just scroll down to the Giveaway section.

STORY: I'm a college student who recently studied abroad one year in Germany. When I moved there, I noticed that disc golf was scarce and that the DGCR directory for Germany (and Europe...) was pretty uninformative. The nearest course to where I studied (in Ulm) was about an hour away, and not having a car made that journey essentially impossible. That quickly inspired and motivated me to try to get a course installed, so within a few weeks, I'd already met with the city mayor about the idea of a course and he seemed to have no idea what it was (big surprise, right? :p ). For months and months I tried to convince the city that a disc golf course is a super idea and they finally agreed and are planning on installing the course I designed this fall (one of my biggest accomplishments ever, btw).

While I was in Germany, I traveled to about half the courses in the country and updated the course pages for all of them with lots of information and pictures. Some of the courses were really hard to get to (I think my longest single-way trip was like 6 hours), but I made it and had fun. I played as many tournaments as possible (since I carpooled with other disc golfers) and met a lot of awesome people. Updating the European directory took me a ton of time (literally 50+ hours), but it was worth it to see the 100+ courses I added pop up on the Browse Map feature and because of all the thanks I received from fellow disc golfers.

A few weeks before my return to the US, I was talking with the owner of Crosslap (Germany's top disc golf course and disc manufacturer), and he offered me a sponsorship to promote his products in the US!!! He was really impressed that I made course pages for all of his courses on this site and saw that I was completely passionate about this sport (he'll be building my course in Ulm). I had to use every fiber in my body to keep cool and not explode in pure excitement/happiness. Anyway, my package finally arrived today with the first Lucky's to cross the ocean, and I'd like to give one away to a "Lucky" winner. :D

j63f9x.jpg

INFORMATION:

Crosslap currently has two discs. An overstable putter called the "Credo" (3/2/0/3) and a stable midrange called the "Lucky" (5/5/-2/1). I'm hoping that Crosslap's driver, the "Incubus" will be launched later this year.

I just threw them both in the field (Credo and Lucky) for about an hour and I love them. I honestly think that the Lucky is the best flying midrange I've ever thrown. I really recommend checking one out when they are sold in USA. Of course, I'll keep you guys posted on that.

GIVEAWAY:

It's really easy to enter. Just post here saying something like "Crosslap Rocks!" or something and I'll draw a number and the number that corresponds to that post # gets one of the first ever Luckys to hit the American market. I'll draw a name on Friday or Saturday or something and hopefully have it shipped out on Monday.

Please only post once though to keep it fair. Thanks!!

Apfaff needs a sponsorship. He is a 15 year old phenom and his name sounds German :) Help a kid out! He would get Crosslap noticed in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. He placed 2nd in Jr. Worlds and is throwing 1000 rated rounds. He won the Trifecta at the DGCR midatlantic meet :)

New plastic! Crosslap rocks!

I assume german plastic flies like a mercedes drives, smooth, with a ton of power. I also assume if you put a ding in it it will cost $903832423 to fix because of the high cost of materials. Cause the **** they use is just better than your crappy ford.

In short if you want to be the envy of every other disc junkie on your course, you'll throw some crosslap plastic. Plus you know throwing cool **** like that will make the ladies swarm you, who knows after making that birdie putt you might even get LUCKY!!!

Crosslap rocks

Crosslap truly rocks for giving you the sponsorship.

Latest posts