• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Curious about Disc Speeds for OOP discs

Innova63

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
I was looking at Marshall Streets Flight Guide and saw the Scorpion was listed, but when I was looking for some of the discs I used to throw and didn't see many of them. So I believe that speed is determined by rim size (width, height... or something like that). I am curious if some of you smart people could tell me what speeds some of them would be.

Discraft Phantom+
Discraft X-Clone
Discraft Tracer
Discraft Shadow
Discraft Eclipse
Innova Barracuda
Innova Phenix

Would the speed change on the "step" shadow because of the different wing shape.

The "step" shadow wing was different then the regular shadow wing. Kind of like the difference in the wing between the Cyclone and X-Clone. I am looking to see if I have any of these left, but not really sure.

What about the old Wham-o molds?
40 Molds
70 Molds
71 Molds

Thank you in advanced...

Last edited:
Phantom+ 1.0mm rim, 3 speed and more like a putter. I think this competed with the Aviar.
X-Clone 1.6mm rim, 6 speed
Tracer & Shadow 1.5mm rim, 5 speed. Typically not a huge difference just from wing shape.
Eclipse 1.4mm rim, probably also 5 speed. From what I remember the Tracer and Eclipse were very similar.
Barracuda 1.6mm rim, 5 speed. 1.6mm traditionally means 6, but this is getting to be pretty big.
Phenix 1.7mm rim, but it's big. Probably like a 5 speed.

Wham-o's are probably like 1 or 2.

Eclipse had some flight numbers on the Infinite discs site, S 7,5, -2 and 2. It has a really low profile.
Phantom + has quite a low wing profile so I would compare it to a mid, so more like speed 4 like the Roc for example.