• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Current course conditions

ACESwilddd

Taking a trip March 9th-16th, with stops in Cincinnati, Louisville, Knoxville, greater Asheville area, Charlotte and Augusta. These courses to be exact (Mt. Airy, Lincoln Ridge, Ashe County, Sugaree, Elk Mountain DGC, Nevin, Renaissance, Stoney Hill, Hippodrome Complex, International Disc Golf Center, Lake Russell, Grand Central Station, Richmond Hill, Harmon Hills, Rotary DGC and Charlie Vettiner Park) Just wondering if any locals can give a few Wisconsinites some insight as to how the weather has been and any general course conditions? Thank you!

Let me know when you plan to hit Ashe Co., might join you.

Conditions there are most always good.

Maybe a little wet from the rain and snow

I'm exhausted, just reading that course list. Quite ambitious.

I can speak for the southernmost part of that intenerary and say that there's not much to say. It'll be spring, but nothing in the weather at this point will have much effect on the course conditions then. Only the weather while you're here, or the day or two before, will matter, since there's no snow involved.

Specifically for Stoney Hill, we have two overlapping layouts and a couple of options for which holes to play. Depending on your choice, this will involve a few holes that are still new and a bit rough. (And the reminder that you'll need to schedule your visit here).

Speaking for Cincinnati in March, you can never be sure what the weather will be like. On the other hand, Mt.Airy and Lincoln Ridge are a couple of the best maintained courses in the region. I've played the latter in rainstorms and hail and still had fun (love that course). Mt. Airy is a must also: great course, awesome atmosphere with Fred & the guys at the 'Nati. I don't think there's a tourney scheduled either place that week or so. Have a great visit. Sounds like an awesome trip! :thmbup:

only 2 Charlotte courses...

We made a similar trip last year with more of a concentration in Charlotte (played Glenn C., Hornet's Nest 3x, R.L. Smith) but we failed to get to Renny and Nevin. Thanks for the info so far, sounds great, keep it comin!

When you hit Harmon Hills, you should know that there's a very nice 27 hole course in the state park just down the road (5-6 miles). Warriors Path State Park. I'd suggest checking it out if you're in the area.

There's also another private course literally just down the street, but I think the owner has been having some issues lately and that it may not be open. At least that's the last I heard. I don't live in the area anymore.

The Louisville area has been fairly wet the last couple weeks due to rainfall, but who knows what will happen between now and then. There's a tournament at Charlie Vettiner on March 16 so keep that in mind as you plan things out.

Seviren Lang is another excellent 4+ rated course in the Louisville area not far off I65 if you're looking for another course in the area or a substitute for Vettiner if you are here during the tournament.

Hey guys, thanks for all the support for our trip, I (Casey Connors) will also be joining ACESwilddd (Max McCollow) for this and really appreciate all this information. @DavidSauls- we've been in touch for Stoney Hill and look forward to playing there! @AdamH- thanks for the tournament heads up for Charles Vettiner cuz we were planning on playing there on March 16th- we'll have to figure out a plan B for that day... @jtencher- Warrior State Path is very tempting and was on our list to hopefully hit but we'll see what ends up happening that day. We do have a pretty packed trip with 21 courses throughout the week long trip. @mullethead326- I've been in touch with John from Killer B DG and he's expecting us but can't wait to play those courses! Thanks for the tip!

Keep the info coming guys we really appreciate the local's feedback and advice for our trip.

Latest posts