• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Damn Bees

While i was helping clear away fallen trees this summer i put my hand a little too close to a ground hive. I forgot how much it hurts to get stung by a little tiny bug. After getting stung and every one laughing at me i told everyone to stay away from that spot. Not more than 10 minutes later one of the guys goes over there to start clearing out and both he and his dog get pelted. (Another reason you shouldnt smoke pot.) He had forgotten that i was just stung and literally tried to pick up the same branch i had.

We showed up on the course about 2 months ago and these people were in white suits on the North Park, Haltom City, TX USA course in the middle of the first hole. We watched them work on this tree while warming up. I walked over when they were done and they told us to skip this hole for at least 12 hours. They said this was the angriest and most aggressive bee hive they have ever taken out. They said these guys will come after you for just being nearby.

So, what do you think we did?

The minute they drove away we played that first hole anyway. A couple us got our drives close enough to see them flying around and go buzzing by our heads. UNTIL, one of our brainiac buddies throws a huge log over where the hive was. I was just about to throw when that thing hit the tree. You could hear the stir. We threw quickly and ran. They were not that friendly at all, but none of us got tagged thank goodness.

It was pretty funny actually. Although it might have been funnier if the guy throwing the log would have gotten a Karma sting. :D