• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dangerous design in Cape Girardeau.

Epic Fail is Epic.

Usually if there are baskets and tees, people rush to get a course on this site. As of an hour ago, no one had been stupid enough to add this atrocity to the database.

I thought Hannibal was bad. This thing makes Hannibal look like an award-winning design.

On the one hand I want it pulled this instant so no one gets hurt. On the other hand I want it to last long enough for me to get down there so I can say I've played the worst designed disc golf course in history.

I've talked at length with the guy from the City, and am going back down next week. It sounds like he may be open to a somewhat radical redesign, going with as few as 6 baskets and multiple tees per basket. It can work.

They are committed to doing another course in another city park, and it could be a dandy. I'll be hitting that park too, with lots of paper and camera to start work.

Apparently, the city and U were told by the 'designers', 'anything less than 9 baskets isn't worth doing'. That's a shame.

And, I don't think the Hannibal thing was quite like some think it was...just sayin'...

And, I don't think the Hannibal thing was quite like some think it was...just sayin'...
I've heard about six different versions of what went on at Hannibal, and all of them were fairly slanderous toward a couple individuals. I wasn't there, so I don't know which version to believe. The email the Rec Supervisor sent to everybody he could think of claiming Davey Mac was harassing him was entertaining if nothing else. Terribly unprofessional, but entertaining.

Hannibal is just an example of how wrong these things can go. Honestly it happens all the time. I've offered to help several places that were installing courses and have been blown off. Leo Leathers Park was my favorite. I was the Rec Supervisor in Wauconda at the time, just a few miles west of there. I called and told them I had design experience and could help. I got blown off. Later I found out that they designed the course through an internal "contest" in the department. They gave everybody a Frisbee and told them to design a course. Nobody in the contest played disc golf. They got what they paid for. So Hannibal was a place that blew up and a lot of people heard about, but stupid designs by people who don't know what they are doing and won't listen to people who do happen all the time.

Floodspring2011014-1.jpg

The view from the CONCRETE tee pad at #4 is truly hard to believe. I'm glad to hear Innova is stepping in!

Last edited:

Latest posts