• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Daredevil?

Unkles27

I was thinking about ordering one of Daredevil's Ultimate Discs and was looking around online when I saw that they have golf discs as well. I searched around a little bit but couldn't find any info on them.

I was wondering if anybody on here had thrown any of their discs and what they thought of how they flew and the plastic and that sort of thing.

Also, if anybody has the ultimate disc or the Frostie and what do you think of them?

My girlfriend ordered a Daredevil Beaver. But she's never thown it. "It's too pretty." She's got a growing collection of discs that are too pretty to be thrown...

ERic

My girlfriend ordered a Daredevil Beaver. But she's never thown it. "It's too pretty." She's got a growing collection of discs that are too pretty to be thrown...

ERic

I'm just waiting on Sidewinding's obilgatory "beaver" reply. Actually, I probably don't even want to see it. :eek:

Sorry that I'm no help about the actual question. I haven't played with one myself... Daredevil that is.

ERic

I hear your girlfriend throws her beaver around pretty easily. just saying.

I don't know what they were thinking naming something the beaver, pretty funny actually.

But, aside from the beaver jokes it sounds like nobody has actually thrown any daredevil? I might have to go ahead and just get me a beaver to try it out, unless ERicJ's girlfriend would be willing to let me try hers...

Well, I think its a good idea for everyone to try out the Beaver in alot of different colors and weights to see which one you like best.

I prefer to go with the lightest weight beaver. The max weight beavers are just too cumbersome and don't have as much glide;)

The Beaver is very similar to a Big Bead Aviar in a very grippy, flexible plastic. Really, can you go wrong with a flexible Beaver? :p

The Woodchuck is the same disc as the Beaver in a super duper buttery soft plastic. I don't like super duper buttery soft putters, so I passed. The Polar Bear is again the same disc in a DX-like plastic that only comes in light weights. I like heavy putters, so I passed. I think the Woodchuck only comes in light weights as well, but I'm not 100% on that.

The Timberwolf is a really great fairway driver. Straight with a lot of glide. The plastic feels like a flexible Champ blend. I highly recommend it.

The Wolverine looks a lot like the Timberwolf. It's supposed to be the more overstable of the two, but I found that it was pretty easy to turn over. The plastic on it is stiffer that on the Timberwolf. It wasn't a bad disc, but I was hoping for it to be more of a Banshee-overstable disc and it wasn't. It overlapped with the Timberwolf a lot, and of the two I liked the Timberwolf better.

The Swift Fox is pretty stable for a 154 g disc. It is very similar to the Timberwolf in a more DX-like plastic. I gave this one to my daughter, and it is a very beginner-friendly disc. I would recommend this disc as well. Again, it overlapped with the other drivers in their line-up a lot. Really I could see using any one of them as a fairway driver, but I could not see having more than one of them in my bag.

The only Mid of theirs I have ever come across is the Caribou. Not very long, and the plastic was not very durable. It only came in really light weights. I wasn't very impressed. They have the Grizzly and the Moose on their site, but I've never seen either one. :(

They really do not have a Max D super duper long range driver.

So I could easily recommend the Beaver, Timberwolf and/or Swift Fox. I could also recommend the Woodchuck if you like really soft putters or the Grizzly Bear if you like a lighter weight DX-type putter.

Also, if anybody has the ultimate disc or the Frostie and what do you think of them?
The Gamedisc is more stable than an Ultrastar. I think it is more accurate and handles a lot better in the wind. I can throw one farther than an Ultrastar, but my buddies tell me that is because I have a throw all (censored) up from throwing overstable golf discs.

I think the Frostie is the same disc in the Flex Performance plastic they use for the Beaver.

Thanks for the link. Notice how Canadian Beavers have opposable thumbs?

As an aside, I really like the artwork they use on their stamps. The first three discs have art by John "Noot" Notenboom, who has been doing disc golf art for a long time. He was the first guy I saw who did the classic "mushroom as a pole hole" picture that everybody rips off. The later discs have more straightforward animal pictures, but I still think they look nice. Innova and Discraft used to do cool hotstamps, but since the Champ and Z discs came out they seem to have stopped doing art for their discs. I was glad to see Daredevil put some thought into the art for their discs.

I could also recommend the Woodchuck if you like really soft putters or the Grizzly Bear if you like a lighter weight DX-type putter.
D'oh! I hate the no editing after 5 minutes thing! That's a typo, it should say Polar Bear instead of Grizzly Bear. I can't fix it, so it will stay that way until the end of time...

From the website:
"Beavers can grow up to 39 inches (100 cm) long..."

This is a dangerous thread. Turn back now.

interesting, thanks for the information Three Putt. I think I'll pick up a Timberwolf and a Beaver when I get the chance.

It doesn't look like the Grizzly or the Moose are in production, they have them listed on the site but when you go to Daredevil's official online store the only midrange you can buy is the Caribou.

Anyway, glad to hear that somebody has thrown Daredevil

Daredevils' website are very impressive!!

I like how they describe their discs with definition of the animals and then talk about the disc's features.

I like the most is the flight chart and disc's cut-away desgins. It allows me to know what this disc can do and what it looks like without even touching it in person.

In fact, I have tried Wolverine before (one of the locals') and it is not that fast enough as high speed discs like Wraith or Force but it can be used as fairway driver though.

:cool: