• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Dave Feldberg in the bag

NASCAR gets a really bad rap as a racing series. It takes a lot to be able to make those cars pull the Gs in corners that they're capable of, not to mention driving inches from other drivers at 200mph while doing it. Most drivers are not only better conditioned but have faster reflexes and better manual dexterity than most athletes in other sports.

I get all that. I understand the appeal. I even bet live it's really something to see. I've always preferred the drag races but that's just a personal preference. I don't get the fans. They are in love with their guy and will wear his hat while watching it on TV and just get into the drama. I also went to high school with clint bowyer so since he started driving nascar I've started to hate it worse. He's a clown and always has been same with his brother. I laugh when I see every turd in town with a clint bowyer decal on their ford truck. It's just a funny experience to see his face and that fake south carolina accent when I know he's from emporia and doesn't really talk like that until a few years ago.

I get all that. I understand the appeal. I even bet live it's really something to see. I've always preferred the drag races but that's just a personal preference. I don't get the fans. They are in love with their guy and will wear his hat while watching it on TV and just get into the drama. I also went to high school with clint bowyer so since he started driving nascar I've started to hate it worse. He's a clown and always has been same with his brother. I laugh when I see every turd in town with a clint bowyer decal on their ford truck. It's just a funny experience to see his face and that fake south carolina accent when I know he's from emporia and doesn't really talk like that until a few years ago.

Well at least your claim for why NASCAR is "the worst thing called a sport in the world" is rational. :\

Most drivers are not only better conditioned but have faster reflexes and better manual dexterity than most athletes in other sports.

Oh cool, I didn't know this. Can you post a link to the study you read this in?

Here's a little something:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...es-donovan-mcnabb-jimmie-johnson-fox-workouts

An excerpt:

An ESPN "Sports Sciences" story in 2012 showed what Denny Hamlin goes through in a race. ESPN was allowed to have sensors inside Hamlin's car—and one inside his body that he swallowed—to gather information during the 2012 Coca-Cola 600.

The ESPN report showed that Hamlin's car was 130 degrees throughout the race, that he sweated 3.5 pints of perspiration an hour, lost 13 pounds of water weight during that event and that his neck supports g-forces of 40 pounds in the turns—in a 400-lap race, that's 800 40-pound reps with his neck. His heart rate was 130 for the event, which is comparable to an endurance runner except that the Coke 600 lasts twice as long as a marathon would.

Well at least your claim for why NASCAR is "the worst thing called a sport in the world" is rational. :\

It's called an opinion Dale Jr. you don't have to act butthurt about it. I don't consider racing a sport. It's racing. It's competitive driving. I guess if I considering driving an athletic adventure instead of endurance only I would call it a sport. I thought I clarified anyway it's the fans. Obviously that hit a little close to home for you. Or you just like trying to push your opinion higher than mine after I make a post. Either way it doesn't sway my opinion on this or the sponsorship of mixed bags being ridiculous at this point in disc golf.

Back to Feldberg's bag it goes I'm over the talk of the world's greatest athletes....

Last edited:
"which is comparable to an endurance runner except that the Coke 600 lasts twice as long as a marathon would."

yeah and except for the fact a runner is moving and running and a driver is sitting and sweating. Endurance. Not athleticism.

Back to the topic of his bag though cause I'm over the nascar jibberish....

It's called an opinion Dale Jr. you don't have to act butthurt about it. I don't consider racing a sport. It's racing. It's competitive driving. I guess if I considering driving an athletic adventure instead of endurance only I would call it a sport. I thought I clarified anyway it's the fans. Obviously that hit a little close to home for you. Or you just like trying to push your opinion higher than mine after I make a post. Either way it doesn't sway my opinion on this or the sponsorship of mixed bags being ridiculous at this point in disc golf.

Back to Feldberg's bag it goes I'm over the talk of the world's greatest athletes....

Makes moronic statement about NASCAR. Gets offended when he's called on it.

Years ago ESPN the Magazine did a series of tests using athletes from many different sports (yes, Steeze, motorsport is indeed a sport). Football, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, racing, etc. They subjected them to a ton of different tests, both physical and mental. The racer (Helio Castroneves if I remember correctly) was near the top in almost all of them.

I'm looking for the article, but I believe it was done in the 90s.

Racing is not a sport. Just like the spelling bee isn't a sport.

It requires physical conditioning (to a level a lot of other sports don't), mental toughness, extreme dexterity and reflexes, strategy, raw talent, a team, and has a winner at the end of each event. Sure it isn't.

Yep totally offended. Or I just know you like to forget what an opinion is and take it beyond this forum when you feel like that is your duty. Put it to bed. We can disagree.

Yep totally offended. Or I just know you like to forget what an opinion is and take it beyond this forum when you feel like that is your duty. Put it to bed. We can disagree.

Feel free to keep your opinion. I don't know why I expected you to change it. A driver's behavior in high school is a real rational opinion to stand strong on.

Solidarity brother.

activism%20RaisedFist.jpg

Latest posts