• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

David Vs. Goliath

Who will win???

• Goliath - 0 experience but crazy athletic

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • David - 2.5 years of experience and a solid 300 - 350ft. drive

Votes: 113 75.8%
  • Who cares, stop wasting valuable interwebs space

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
Does he have to throw backhand? If he has some sort of baseball or football background and gets a freaky good overhand in I can see him getting to 300'. 5 drives is barely a warm up for me and probably not enough to ensure that I can get to my max with any consistency.

I'd put my money on you, though. It would have to be a perfect storm of him doing well and you doing bad for him to win.

I was talking about DG with this guy I used to work with and he (couch potato) said, "It's nothing. I could throw a Frisbee 300 feet no problem."

I walked away, but later thought about going back to him and betting paychecks ...

We need a picture of David and Goliath, then we need a bar graph showing the minimum, maximum, and average distances (preferable both the mean and median).

Does he have to throw backhand? If he has some sort of baseball or football background and gets a freaky good overhand in I can see him getting to 300'. 5 drives is barely a warm up for me and probably not enough to ensure that I can get to my max with any consistency.

I'd put my money on you, though. It would have to be a perfect storm of him doing well and you doing bad for him to win.

He can throw however he likes. He gets no instruction or advice and just has to rely on his muscles and "sporting instinct" as the boss claims that's all you need to be good at anything. Sidewinding - I'm hoping you're right as the goliath is actually a good guy and he would be good at the game after some practice. Biscoe - I'm hoping you're wrong...

Are you gonna act like David and talk Goliath into taking off his helm first? Get the guy to throw a putter or really flippy driver you know is gonna turn and bite the dirt 50' out....

you will win for sure...it took my friend a year of only being able to throw 150-175ft to realize that it was form that would make him better rather than using brute force to propel the disc. and now he throws about 220 avg. with comets

Are you gonna act like David and talk Goliath into taking off his helm first? Get the guy to throw a putter or really flippy driver you know is gonna turn and bite the dirt 50' out....

Nah, the deal is no influencing one way or the other. Just to be fair we'll be using drivers

Get ready for a 390' tomahawk on his first throw! :)

Maybe not... But it's possible.

(youtubing goes a long way)

Represent for us bud!!!

....i just hope your 300+ is measured using a dgcr distance ruler;)

Id also suggest leaving out the super fast with fade bosses, forces, etc as ive seen those strongarmed very well for d.

Oh yeah. I forgot about OH. :\

If this guy is an athlete he's going to beat you :p
It isn't too hard for a naturally strong guy with an athletic background to to strong arm one out of fifty throws 350'. Where as your best throw is maxing out at 350' BUT that 350' probably wasn't done under the pressure of representing the ENTIRE DISC GOLF WORLD.

You gave him too many shots. All he has to do is watch a few YouTube vids and the athlete in him will understand the basics of the throw.

Goliath will win because his one good throw will cause you to put too much pressure on yourself and you'll turn n burn :D

If I was a gambling man I'd put a $1 on it

Just go practice some rollers and leave them all speechless. Problem solved....

Or, you could just cheat a little and thumb an Epic out there....

Last edited:
If he doesn't learn the powergrip, you will win. If he does and gets a overstable disc, 50 throws is a lot.

The other "champion" is a super athletic, 6'2 300+lbs of muscle behemoth that has tossed a frisbee but never touched a disc.

Is this a typo? I'm 6'2" but if I weighed over 300 lbs the only way I would qualify as athletic is if I was a sumo wrestler. :confused:

Latest posts