• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Marksmen

Was just thinking the same, why not just do this instead of paying $160+?

Yeah, if you've already got a Discatcher Sport, modifying it would be cheaper and easier than buying a Marksman.

But, if you don't have a Discatcher Sport in the first place, $160 (free shipping from Dynamic) for a Marksman seems like a better deal than $175+ for a target you're going to have to modify to get the same effect.

It takes 0 modification, just pull chains off and move them inside the outer spokes. You can move it back at any time with ease.

Cracks me up that I can spend $300 on a bag, no one bats an eye. Spend $160 on a practice basket, everyone poops themselves.

47942077.jpg

It takes 0 modification, just pull chains off and move them inside the outer spokes. You can move it back at any time with ease.

Guess we have different ideas on the definition of "modification". Pulling chains off and moving them is modification in the most literal sense of the word. It may be easy, it may not take a lot of time, but it's still modification. If that's what you want to do, more power to you. Just pointing out that for folks who either don't own a Discatcher Sport (or other target) or aren't all that inclined to pry open S-hooks and move chains around or both, simply buying a Marksman gives them what they want.

Because the top and bottom of the disc catcher sport is normal size.

Like a normal basket you play on at a course? Lol.

I did this to my costco basket just to see how it catches and works fine. Id never buy one of these baskets purposely designed to be smaller target. Its like buying sandals to play DG in.

I just bought one, but I got a great deal on it.

Can't wait to be the best putter in my area.

Well so far this basket is awesome.

If you throw a good putt, it will catch it.

If you throw a bad putt, no Bueno.

Really makes you focus and throw quality putts.

Too lazy to check, but have we discussed the typo in the ad on page one?

I'll be honest and start out by saying that I am not a big fan of DD to begin with. I just got my Marksman earlier this week and I just want to say that I was very impressed with the quality of the basket. It is a very heavy and very solid basket. If I didn't have a bunch of reward dollars from my local tournament sponsor i never would have bought this but after having it for only a week I would definitely recommend.

I agree with previous posts that if you have another basket which you can tie the chains on, that is a good option but for me I wanted something specifically for putting target practice and I couldn't be happier with the quality and function of this basket.

Put in over 5000 putts on the Marksman now. I've really been enjoying myself. From 20' I'm at 86% over the last 2k putts. Also: I've been setting up my radar gun(SKLZ) under the basket in an effort to be more conscious of putting with more speed. It actually has made me more accurate as well as increasing my range. The SKLZ readings are all over the place, depending where you place the unit. For instance: my fastest recorded putt was 67mph... which btw is faster than my average driving speed...so readings should be taken with a grain of salt, if not an entire salt lick.

Put in over 5000 putts on the Marksman now. I've really been enjoying myself. From 20' I'm at 86% over the last 2k putts. Also: I've been setting up my radar gun(SKLZ) under the basket in an effort to be more conscious of putting with more speed. It actually has made me more accurate as well as increasing my range. The SKLZ readings are all over the place, depending where you place the unit. For instance: my fastest recorded putt was 67mph... which btw is faster than my average driving speed...so readings should be taken with a grain of salt, if not an entire salt lick.

Your speeds will always change slightly depending on where you place the radar unit do to the cosine effect. The greater the angle the slower the speed will show. The more straight on it will show higher speeds but is also most accuate it will be compared to the speeds shown at larger angle. That could be why you are seeing some changes but I don't think that could cause the 64 MPH high speed putt. That's probably caused by it being a cheaply made SKILZ product compared to the very expensive devices used in pro sports or law enforcement.

Dynamic is out of stock currently, but say that they expect a new shipment in mid/late December. Which means retailers probably will have them late December/early January. Timing kinda sucks with regard to Christmas, though. You can pre-order one on Dynamic's store, which means as soon as they come in, yours will be shipped right to you.

Best $160.00 ever spent on my disc golf game. This thing is built like a tank, looks awesome, and has already improved my putting dramatically in the few days I have used it. Now my other normal sized practice basket looks huuuugee. lol..

Attachments

• munsiesmarksman.jpg
    munsiesmarksman.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 48
How is everyone's basket holding up? I'm going to be picking up one of these real soon. I like seeing all the posts about putting getting a lot better. I Also love that it will help my mental game, which I believe is a huge factor in putting.

Anyways back the original question, how are the baskets holding up in the weather and with all the putts thrown?

How is everyone's basket holding up? I'm going to be picking up one of these real soon. I like seeing all the posts about putting getting a lot better. I Also love that it will help my mental game, which I believe is a huge factor in putting.

Anyways back the original question, how are the baskets holding up in the weather and with all the putts thrown?

My % at Circle 1 is now near 90%, from 75. The regular basket just looks HUGE now. Plus the Marksman helped
my touch, because you can hit dead center and spit out if not on the right angle or speed.

Still liking mine. First season really with it. Bought it last year in the fall and had to put it up before I got it broke in.

I added a pad (plumbing pipe pad) around the pole. It is super quiet and slightly less spit outs.

Still trying to figure out if a set of tight inner chains would help with spit outs. By no means does this basket always hold good puts. So really you have to live with that. Often I know that many of my spits would have stuck even on the old mach two baskets.

But after twenty years of playing the game, with my first real basket I would have still bought this one again. Will update when I get this thing tweaked a bit..

Latest posts