• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD2

Ah the power of DGCR!!

Think about how much better discs have gotten in the last 5 years or so, and then imagine what we will have available 5 years from now. Its interesting to see if manufacturers can keep making better and better discs.

That's subjective. I personally think that the Eagle and the Teebird and the Roc are way better than the Boss, Nuke, and Katana.

In five years, I'll probably still be throwing Eagles.

That's subjective. I personally think that the Eagle and the Teebird and the Roc are way better than the Boss, Nuke, and Katana.

In five years, I'll probably still be throwing Eagles.

I think the term 'better' is pretty subjective on its own. Sure, there are times when max distance at all costs is 'better'.. and there are other times when accurate drive placement is 'better'. Yeah, I have a couple Nukes.. and I throw them on roughly 10% of holes. They travel a minimum of 20ft. farther than anything else in my bag. The Nuke really is that good. The other 90% of the time, though, I'm looking for accurate lines and drive placement, where I typically reach for a Teebird, Firebird, or midrange.

Moral of the story.. get a fast driver you like. You'll get more distance out of it than something slower once you learn it. Now put it back in your bag, and only bring it out when you *really* need max distance over any other consideration.