• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

De-funking discs

DJ Troll

Par Member
I found some discs in a lake and they STINK. Is there a way to de-scent them without messing up the discs themselves? If I soak it in a bleach solution, will that help? Any cleansers that can get the funk out of the found discs?

I soaked mine in a bleach/water solution overnight, then left them outside in the sun for a few days. There is still a very slight funk, but it is much improved.

I wouldn't mix too many harsh liquids! The last thing you need if for your new Nuke to detonate for real! :doh: But yes any of those remedies done enough times would do the trick.

I'd just let it sit in some really fragrant soap if you've got some around?

Lost my Leopard for a few days in some stank-ass creek. Got it back and it reeked. Scrubbed it with some men's body wash, that seemed to work pretty well. Get'em dirty again before really throwing them though, they can be kinda slick after doing this.

Most pet shops sell a solution to remove pet odors. The brand I'm familiar with is called "Destroy". Its a phenol solution. (Embalming fluid.) It hasn't failed me yet.

I'd do the vinegar and bleach solutions separately. The acid of the vinegar and the alkali of the bleach might tend to cancel each other out.

This may be a dumb idea, but putting shoes in the freezer takes the smell out of them, maybe putting the disc in the freezer would get the smell out of it. And then slowly letting it thaw back out. Going from the freezer to the frig, from the frig to a luke warm bucket of water. Maybe those steps would help so the thawing out isn't to dramatic. Again, might be a dumb idea, but I don't know.

I bought a disc from the marketplace that a guy had cleaned with pine sol. Word to the wise, don't ever do this. Your hands and bag smell like it for a long time.

mixing bleach and vinegar makes chlorine gas, which will F your S up...

DO NOT mix bleach and vinegar, for ANY reason.

i'd actually go as far as to recommend a moderater delete that comment, that advice could kill someone if they don't read to the second page. fer realz

Latest posts