• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dear YouTube

lyleoross

* Ace Member *
I know that the videos I watch have the word golf in them, but it's not the same as ball golf. Consequently, the numerous ball golf merch ads you are showing me are being wasted. Indeed I find watching some actor trying to look like a rich snob carrying a $500 driver around, silly. Just like in disc golf, it's the Indian, not the arrow. Anyway, do your advertisers a favor. Show me athletic shoes, or clothing, preferably from adidas, they actually support our sport, and save your bolf vids for rich guys. P.s. they're the ones with the big band width.

You can change your settings in your Youtube/Google account to filter the ads you see. Just checked mine and found "golf" and "golf equipment" on the list. Unchecked them and I don't expect to see ads of that type again.

If you're logged in, this link should take you right to the correct spot.

I'm also not looking for videos about these:
280px-2007_Volkswagen_Golf_(1K_MY07)_Sportline_2.0_TDI_5-door_hatchback_(2010-07-05).jpg

You can change your settings in your Youtube/Google account to filter the ads you see. Just checked mine and found "golf" and "golf equipment" on the list. Unchecked them and I don't expect to see ads of that type again.

Darn it JC, there you go takin' all the fun out of my righteous, uninformed indignation. Oh yeah, thanks.

I block ads actively...

Tim is not happy with me 'cuz I block ads here too... at least a bunch of them

uBlock Origin and move on with your life.

adblock is in bed with advertisers these days. best to avoid.

hey youtube, stop putting loud ads in quiet songs... nothing worse than groovin to some downtempo chill stuff and have a loud upbeat ad ruin your vibe. grrr. :wall::gross::thmbdown:

Now I should stop getting suggestions for Minecraft vids because my son watched one on my YT account 3 years ago. Thanks!

-edit- Paused and deleted all the Google tracking bullspit.

Just to repeat myself. Adblock.

I have not seen a single advertisement for years.
This. It's also fun to see how many ads get blocked on any given webpage. You know you have a doozy when the number nears 20.

after hearing Ian say CCDG doesn't get any $ from the ads unless the whole thing is watched to the end I will let them run and just step away for 30-60 seconds so the hard-working people that bring us the vids can continue to do so!

Latest posts