• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Death of a Course

i know there was a course in wisconsin that got pulled cuase they said that it was a place for high school kids to sit and get high, and drink... so the course was pulled in like 2 days...

Oceans of Fun in Kansas City used to have a course. Of course you had to be in the park to play. The only times I was there we played with the regular Frisbees they had there to use because seriously, who brings golf discs into a water park? Anyway, they expanded the park and built a ride over the course at some point.

There was a ball golf driving range in Washington, MO that had a nine hole that was pay for play. It didn't turn over enough profit for the owner and he pulled it.

There was a Baptist church in St. Charles that briefly had a course. The swearing/beer drinking/pot smoking thing did not go over very well with the church. Rumor had it that a disc golfer cussed out the minister. Good bye, disc golf course.

Last edited:
derp

Eagle Ranch DGC in Fort Worth is terrible. I played there a few months back and 3 or 4 of the baskets were missing. Out of the remaining 5 holes, one was practically unplayable due to a tree that had fallen over onto the tee-pad.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1213

Be careful if you plan on checking this course out, as far as I can tell nobody worries about course maintenance. The grass was waist-level and the trees had grown on top of and over old pins locations and fairways.

Also, watch out for snakes; they like the tall grass next to the creek.

Last edited:
I have played one course Elliot Park in Indiana that is now extinct. I believe it was because people were using the parking lot for "casual encounters"

Has any course ever been pulled due to sinkholes? One of our courses has some, and a few are getting pretty bad. One particular spot, I seen a guy literally fall all the way up to his hip, into a hole. This was years ago, it was on level, flat ground.... Now the same spot has an area of about 200 sq ft that has depressed 2-3 feet.

We actually play around the sinkholes. The Sinks

Im a little surprised that I didnt see more posts about people getting drunk, doin dope and trashing the place. My home course "Shady Oaks" usally has alot of rowdys, but there arnt to many houses nearby. There is another course that was really popular with the party scene "Albert Schwietzer" and the neighbors threw a fit because of the noise and the trash. So they took out the baskets and replaced them with poles. It helped keep the riff raff out and its still a very nice course for the dedicated DGer. It sucks that there are so many dumbasses out there ruining these courses.

I'm surprised my local park is still open, half the baskets are in dire need of repair, groups of 10+ frolf punks meander around the park swearing, pumping rap, vandalizing signs, just being dbs in general.

Latest posts