• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Debate: Most impressive bomb putt in PDGA history?

What about McBeth's 60 footer in sudden death of the Worlds to keep going, and eventually win?

Sudden death in 1987 for Open World title where Hosfeld beat Sullivan who got spit on his final putt.

You could also add McCray's turbo putt across the valley on hole 18 at Renny.

Was there sharks with frickin laser beams? didn't think so...

What we need is a group of reenactors (like Civil War reenactors) to tour the country and recreate the great finishes every weekend. Discs on string, that sort of thing.

Or maybe a weekly cartoon series.

Sharks with frickin laser beams is so passe.

I remember one impressive putt at the final 9 for the 96 Pro Worlds in South Bend. It wasn't right at the end of the final 9, but it was impressive nonetheless. Climo and Geoff Lissaman were tied, when it looked like Ken was in a bit of trouble after throwing into the rough. He then canned a 50 ft putt out of the woods (I couldn't even see him in the woods, just a disc flying out of the woods), with the lake dangerously close behind the basket. Very few pros even had the confidence to go for such a scary putt. But the momentum really shifted after that putt, as Ken went on a birdie tear to put away the title.

Dave putt (which looked nearly a hundred feet) was amazing to me. As it got him a NT win. Could you ask for anything more?

What about McBeth's 60 footer in sudden death of the Worlds to keep going, and eventually win?

I came here to post this, hole two of the playoff, Mcbeth goes ~40ish long and Ricky parks it, drains a 40 footer with 400+ people watching...ice! Will saying "wow" on camera and then getting up to run to the next holes says it all :)

Simon had a monster eagle shot on 17th hole final round at 2016 Konopiste Open to put him in a three-way tie with McBeast & Nybo to force a playoff, which he won.

Tie for me for the ones I have witnessed in person. John E McCray's 80 foot turbo putt to the island green target at Rennaisance during the 2012 Worlds or McBeth on #16 at last years USDGC.

i vote for ricky's eagle putt during the 2014 world's final 9.

I was fortunate enough to witness that putt, and the gallery went insane. And, that was just a set-up for the sudden death playoff as he and McBeth traded do-or-die putts, until Paul pulled it out on the 5th playoff hole. Crazy.