• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DeLaveaga Top of the World, what are you throwing?

never played the hole but seeing it in many videos i assume i would throw my go to disc, which is my volt.

when it's in long, I throw a wasp straight down the middle with a little bit of anny RHBH. Sometimes I'll throw a max RHFH over the trees on the left. I never throw the big hyzer as it is too much of a risk to end up in the parking lot...

I only had 2 discs to play with as I was traveling on business but I parked a brand new Crystal Z Buzzz by throwing a slight anny down the hill and letting it fade back.

I also threw a brand new Proton Volt on a huge hyzer line over hole 1 and ended up OB in the road about 40 feet past the basket.

I lived there most my life and spent time learning to play the game at de la. That said, I had most success with a buzzz. Doc would work, too if you prefer but have gotten a lot of birds with that approach.

I throw LHBH so it is less of a daunting hole. One of my throws (with a pearly CE Beast) caught the R-to-L crosswind perfectly to flip it over just right and not allow it to come back and it sailed forever.....over the parking lot and almost halfway down hole 1's fairway. I yelled Fore a bunch and people saw it sail over them otherwise I would have never found it. 600' on half power throw. :D

Hole 1's fairway? You mean 23? or 20? or 6?

Anyway, if you have a serviceable amount of power (350'), you're gonna want to throw a mid. Drivers go long OB all day. I throw my fresh N Envy on a straight to fade line and I'm almost always have a putt. For the long position, I go with my Tangent.

Is it thumbable? If so a chicken thumber.

In the long position..

For par, yes.
For birdie, maybe not.

I can throw a thumber just a tad under 340' and when I have thumbed top of the world I consistantly find myself up in the middle of the fairway about 2/3 of the way to the basket. I'm also pretty sure that's the best my thumber is gonna do there for top of the world.

Last edited:
There should be a best elevated holes in the world thread. Has that been done? Bet there would be some great pics. DeLa does not get my vote

There should be a best elevated holes in the world thread. Has that been done? Bet there would be some great pics. DeLa does not get my vote

Solitude....18 and whistlers bend 11ish (can't remember the hole number) would get my vote. Both are higher than dela.

27 at Dela is great when no one is around or in a pro level tourney. On a busy day it's clearly a disaster. The one time I've been able to play it I threw at about 9 pm so it was quite safe because everyone was finished for the day.

It wouldn't get my vote for best downhill simply because it's too easy.

I was just there and threw an xt roc and went long.

The pics make it look pretty short for a top of the world. #11 at sky high is waaaay more epic. I'm sure it can be done but I've never seen anyone overthrow it.

Latest posts